You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
The Director of Maintenance and Engineering is a full-time professional that is responsible for directing and managing all functions related to the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Maintenance Departments, including the support and management of all designated projects, preventative maintenance, and repairs. This role manages projects within scope, schedule, and budgets. The Director of Maintenance and Engineering sets goals for their employees and determines what actions need to take place to execute the set goals. This role monitors all processes while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- “Safety First” is not just a slogan – it must be our #1 priority and is our #1 Company Cornerstone!
- Lead and coordinate the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari full time and seasonal staff in the Painting, Carpentry, Building Maintenance, Rides and Roller Coaster Maintenance departments. This includes scheduling, performance management, recruiting, and employee relations, as necessary.
- Ensure the highest safety standards are followed in all maintenance departments.
- Manage and oversee outside maintenance contractors as necessary to supplement full time personnel to meet project goals.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair various systems including automation, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and HVAC.
- Use a computerized maintenance management system to manage work flow, parts and supplies, predictive and preventative maintenance, and equipment history
- Become certified as a technician within the amusement park industry
- Participate in the overall design, construction, commissioning, and handover of projects to stakeholders
- Participate in the procurement of all necessary contractors, consultants, suppliers, and vendors to meet assigned objectives
- Prepare and actively manage an annual operating budget and capital project budgets
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and management of the schedule for projects to ensure on-time delivery, quality control, and cost control
- Request capital improvement projects as appropriate through the annual capital budgeting process
- Report to work as scheduled, including holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Learn new tasks and skills at the park and attending company-sponsored training off-site
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain Holiday World as the cleanest park in the country
- Work closely with other departments to maintain the park operations, including working operational positions when required
Rides Maintenance Manager, Roller Coaster Maintenance Manager, Carpenter Shop Manager, Paint Shop Manager, Building Maintenance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial maintenance, mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering/technology or other maintenance-related degree preferred
- Minimum five years of successful supervisory maintenance and/or project management experience in the industrial, commercial, or amusement industry
- Successfully managed the construction of a multi-million-dollar capital improvement project
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to efficiently manage time and work without direct supervision
- Ability to clearly read, write and verbally communicate policies, procedures, letters, and reports in the English language
- Ability to interpret industry and regulatory regulations and apply the regulations to the work place.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including spreadsheet, word processing, project management applications
- Ability to read and interpret construction and equipment drawings, logic diagrams, and wiring diagrams in the English language
- Ability to wear PPE
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Ability to work at heights of up to 150 feet
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts, and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.