Stella & Chewy’s, the fastest growing natural pet food brand in the U.S. is looking for a Facility Hygienist. This individual will perform the duties listed under the general direction of and reporting to the Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance. The Facility Hygienist is responsible for assisting in working with the sanitation crew, managing sanitation procedures across three facilities, managing master sanitation scheduling and follow up, managing microbiological testing at three facilities, and regulatory and food safety program compliance. The Facility Hygienist will work with other department personnel and their management to develop a microbiological suitable environment for the production of safe product. This position will work as needed and may be required to work with sanitation on third shift.
The person in this position is committed to assuring that Stella & Chewy’s, LLC produces safe, legal, and wholesome pet food products that meet our consumer’s expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as department management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Managing environmental microbiological sampling program
- Participate and support sanitation crew requirements to support a stable microbiological environment.
- Support, develop and maintain cleaning procedures for all equipment within the three S&C facilities.
- Coordinate sanitation’s change management with FSQA, cleaning chemical supplier, and facility staff.
- Responsible for completion and tracking of master sanitation schedule for the three facilities.
- Coordinate cross training with trainer and sanitation supervisory staff to assure employees are knowledgeable of all job functions including safety, chemical safety, and cleaning steps for equipment and environment.
- Responsible for corrective action plans as requested from Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) department members. Responsible for analysis of corrective actions and updating programs and procedures as warranted to assure no repetitive issues.
- Represents sanitation team during annual SQF audit.
- Manage business growth projects as assigned by the Vice President of FSQA or VP of Manufacturing.
- Communicate effectively with operations, maintenance, and FSQA departments.
- Manage data collection to support Sanitation and FSQA departments.
- Abide by all safety rules and safety regulations as set by Stella & Chewy’s, LLC.
- Assess all equipment for sanitary design including OEM and facility capital improvements
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer. Requires the ability to operate various software applications such as Microsoft Office platforms and an inventory management system. Requires the ability to use lab equipment and other instruments. Requires the ability to be able to flex work hours as requested. Requires the availability to work weekdays and weekends as needed.
Education and/or Experience
A degree relating to microbiology or equivalent programs or experience is required.
A minimum of 5 years of experience within food and beverage processing environment including sanitation is desired.
HACCP and Internal Auditing Certification is required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the person occupying this position. You may be required to perform other job-related duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.