About the role
New Classrooms is seeking a Business Analyst (BA) to help design the products vital to the success of our personalized education products and services. The BA will work with all stakeholders in order to help improve the way our products are used by teachers and students and managed by New Classrooms staff, as well as with the algorithms that drive how students progress through curriculum.
The BA will interact across departments in order to elicit and document business and functional requirements, and assist product management with translation into clearly documented technical requirements and product designs. Successful candidates for this role will be highly flexible--able to switch between intense collaboration and communication and highly analytical independent work. This role represents a tremendous opportunity to have both strategic and tactical impact on some of New Classrooms’ most important assets.
What you will do
- Quickly absorb and internalize existing program and product details, including how the elements work together to achieve organizational goals
- Elicit business requirements in order to establish directives for the products you are assigned
- Within the guidelines of those business requirements, understand a variety of user needs and stakeholder preferences in order to translate into functional requirements.
- Collaborate with product management in authoring Product Strategy Documents
- Document underlying feature requirements for each user story in order to maximize usability and Instructional Design philosophies for how to best progress students and translation into technical requirements for technical design and development planning.
- Achieve buy-in/signoff by all stakeholders for documentation and initial scope analysis.
What we are looking for
- Share our vision for a world where personalized learning is just the way students learn — a world where every student attends a school that meets them where they are, adapts to the unique ways they learn, and develops habits for lifelong success.
- Minimum of 2 years, preferred 3+ years of background in product design, requirements analysis and documentation or relevant consultative/analytical experience and competencies
- Ability to comprehend and adjust very complex systems, achieving simplicity when applicable or desirable
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a highly collaborative team environment driving and managing the documentation of cross-departmental requirements/inputs
- Confidence/poise to plan and lead stakeholder meetings and group solutioning sessions, resolving challenging issues and conflicting perspectives as required
- Strong time management skills- able to efficiently manage and prioritize a substantial workload during peak times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with a willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
- High tolerance for ambiguity
Role Classification and Benefits
This role is full-time and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 37 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone subsidy.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.