Avoca Rail Products, Inc. is a manufacturer of aftermarket locomotive parts, offering a wide range of products. We are North America’s leading aftermarket parts provider, supporting both EMD and GE locomotives. In addition to our broad locomotive line, we also provide products for Passenger Transit, Marine and Power Generation markets.
Avoca Rail Products is a member of the PowerRail family.
PowerRail is North America’s leader for manufacturing and distributing locomotive parts to the global railroad market. You can be part of our essential distribution team. Covid-19 has not affected our business levels because America’s freight needs to keep moving and PowerRail is defined as “essential” to meeting that economic objective.
Ø Competitive compensation
Ø Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, Flex Spending, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership with profit sharing
Ø Stimulating work environment with unlimited growth potential.
Ø Medical, dental and vision insurance, Company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Earn while you Learn - Prior experience is helpful but not a must. Ability to read a precision tools is a plus.
Essential manufacturer of locomotive parts seeks a machinist to program, setup and operate CNC machine to produce locomotive parts. Neatness and attention to detail required. We are a fast-growing business so we need a person who can grow with us. We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, and paid time off for this full time, first shift position.
- Program, set up, and operate CNC horizontal and vertical milling centers and CNC lathes from drawings or blueprints.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Check to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Familiarity with FANUC, FADAL and/or SIEMANS controllers preferred.
- Knowledge of conventional machines a plus.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- A good teammate (works well with others), good work ethic (we need you here!), good attitude (looks for the positive in situations), self-starter (looks to see what needs to be done next).
- Reliable, accountable, able to work independently
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Quality and Detail focused.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE depending on experience and ability.
Great Benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance, Company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Hours: Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30pm
Apply at: www.epowerrail.com/careers
See the PowerRail family of companies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoVkdNN4kJY