Sigvaris is currently looking for a Knitting Engineer to join our team in Peachtree City, GA. As a leading compression solution provider, we are not just a company that manufactures products. We are a global team on a mission to help people feel their best. The Knitting Engineer will work closely with SIGVARIS' product development, operations and marketing teams at the Peachtree City and Holland sites to develop innovative knit products needed for the medial textiles market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand the product performance needs and convert it to a knitted product design.
• Develop, select, and specify raw materials as required by New Product Specifications.
• Develop knit product specification for commercial production.
• Design and implement design for commercial scale production of knitted products.
• Train Manufacturing Supervisors on New Product Procedures and processes.
• Manage New Product Projects from concept to Manufacturing Release.
• Increase knowledge and expertise by visiting vendors, trade exhibitions, and machine builders.
• Fosters positive morale among staff by promotion of open communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment;
o Interacts with external and internal customers in a manner conducive to continued positive relationships.
o Displays patience, courtesy and tact; demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others as necessary.
• Demonstrates effective communication methods.
o Director of Product Development and/or appropriate management staff are kept informed of developments affecting their functions;
o Responds quickly to all oral and written communication;
o Maintains and encourages an open line of communication with both internal and external customers; using the appropriate style to ensure clear two-way communication with a different audiences (senior management to new shop floor employees)
o Checks and responds to voice mail messages in a timely manner.
o Accurately and legibly presents written data to affected internal/external customer.
• Follows established company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SIGAVRIS policies, industry standards, ISO 13485 standards, and Federal, State and local laws.
• Follows all work instructions, creates and maintains accurate records to meet all internal and external requirements to support the SIGVARIS Quality System and Quality Policy.
• Accurately performs any other duties and as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
• A bachelor's degree in the field of Textiles.
• Professional training and three (3) years of commercial knitting experience
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Familiarity with ISO and regulatory processes
• Project management skills
• Expert user of MS products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently as well as participating in a team of professionals
• Ability to respond to urgent situations appropriately by prioritization
• Ability to leverage relationships across other department and with external sources.
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail is essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• Occasionally required to sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, bend, lift or climb.
• Occasionally required to lift light weights (up to 50 pounds).
• Finger dexterity and hand coordination required.
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close, vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
What We Offer You:
• Highly Competitive salary
• Medical (Core Plan and High Deductible Plan)
• Health Spending Account (applies to High Deductible Plan)
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dental Plan
• Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
• Voluntary benefits include vision, term life insurance, accident, cancer and hospital confinement
• 401(k) with Company match (dollar for dollar 100% up to the first 5% of employee contributions to the plan)
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
Successful completion of background check including MVR and drug test will be required in advance of hire.
Sigvaris is an EOE.