BACHELOR LEVEL PER DIEM COUNSELOR - CYPRESS CENTER
Position Summary: Seeking energetic, team-oriented counselor for meaningful work with people admitted to our inpatient state designated receiving facility. We provide short-term crisis stabilization and brief 1:1/group counseling in a milieu setting. This is a per diem position. We have day, evening, and overnight shifts available, as well as weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities: Provide 1:1 counseling in a milieu environment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, skilled group work, family meetings, connecting patients to community resources, working with internal and external referral sources on admissions and discharge planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience working on locked inpatient unit a plus.
- Looking for someone with excellent time management skills, who is able to respond quickly and effectively to crisis situations.
- We are seeking someone who has a passion for mental health and enjoys challenges.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Illness Management and Recovery is helpful.
- Must be attentive to detail, and able to solve problems in an environment of positive teamwork and professionalism.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field is required.
- At least one full year working in the mental health field is required.
- Preference given to previous experience working in crisis unit/environments.
Job Type: Per Diem