Are you passionate about design and the environment? We are looking for someone like you to join our team to help lead, create, and work with our clients to achieve the most sustainable design projects. You will provide guidance on design strategies and collaborate with our talented design and engineering teams through this process. You will manage the certification programs and advocate our commitment to climate action and environment. Is this you?
- Collaborate with the design team and clients on sustainability goal setting and implementation for our carbon-neutral and high-performance building design projects.
- Participate in third-party project certification process (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, LBC, SITES, Energy Star and others), from start to completion of projects.
- Track design progress and prepare compliance documentation for sustainability certification projects.
- Support sustainable design process with building performance analysis, such as conceptual energy model, daylight and shading study, life cycle cost analysis.
- Research and track latest building construction technologies, healthy materials, state energy code, reach codes and climate-action plans of local municipalities.
- Provide training and presentation to DES team members and clients.
- Work with the marketing team on project pursuit and outreach to clients.
- Support DES’ AIA2030 commitment and sustainability action plan.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in architecture, engineering, or sustainability consulting firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Environmental / Sustainable Design, Mechanical Engineering, or Interior Design. Master’s degree preferred.
- LEED GA credential required, LEED (BD + C or other specialty credentials), Fitwel, WELL, LFA preferred
- Knowledge of integrated design and 3rd party certification processes.
- Knowledge of building science principles and performance criterion such as ASHRAE, CALGreen, Title 24, local reach codes, etc.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Rhino and related plugins
- Proficiency with building performance analysis software for conceptual energy modeling, daylighting, whole building life cycle assessment is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with an integrated team environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a hybrid work environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or requirement of visa sponsorship now or in the future.
For 45 years, DES Architects + Engineers has been committed to designing working, learning, and healing environments for businesses throughout the Bay Area. With offices in San Francisco and Redwood City, DES provides creative and sustainable solutions that serve the needs of life sciences, tech, healthcare, education, and developers. As an interdisciplinary firm, DES offers an integrated project approach that leads to increased accuracy, quicker project delivery, and a better use of valuable resources. Services include architecture, interior design, civil and structural engineering, landscape architecture, visual communications, and sustainable design.
DES is committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. As a DES employee, you qualify for the following:
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- 100% company-paid employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as short and long-term disability benefits
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Flexible Hybrid schedule
- Robust 401k plan with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Collaborative, friendly fun environment for our employees to thrive in, while offering a multitude of creative perks
We welcome, recognize, celebrate and encourage diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Our teams are comprised of people with experiences from diverse backgrounds which helps us gain a fresh perspective while challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.