The Category Marketing Director is responsible for to provide decisive Marketing leadership in the Airway / Respiration / Burn Care categories of products. He/She is expected to lead cross functional teams and influence effectively in a matrix environment, with a proven track record of motivating successful teams. Success in this role requires the ability to drive strategy and influence senior leadership as well as detailed history of delivering results through outstanding execution.
Essential Job Functions
- Distill Customer Insights to develop differentiated Category and Product positioning.
- Shape Category and Product Strategy both for the US and International Focus Markets.
- Partner with New Product Development on New Product Innovation Pipeline.
- Build business cases for new product innovations.
- Develop pricing strategy for all new products and partner with Sales leadership to deliver on product forecasts
- Craft the launch and go-to-market plans for product releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plans across marketing, product management, sales, and operations.
- Develop sales content and tools that support the selling process including: Powerpoint decks, marketing / events collateral, web copy, sales talking points, objection handling and more.
- Coordinate with internal Marketing Operations team and external vendors on the production of materials including: videos, graphic design, events, website content, social media, and thought leadership.
- Represent the company and market at client meetings with our sales team.
- Create relationships with worldwide key opinion leaders.
- Forecast customer demand and participate in development of demand forecasts for new products across product lines.
- Tackle strategic and tactical ad hoc marketing projects that arise from sales, operations, and the executive team for both internal and external communications.
- Manage portfolio profitability.
- Provide leadership, support and expertise across the organization; including input into product development teams, driving customer insights and leading US insight into cross functional teams.
- Build a pipeline of talent and encourage a culture of engagement within the team.
- BS / BA Degree is required; MS / MBA or equivalent business experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years marketing experience is required. A minimum of 14 years of business experience required. At least 5 years of prior leadership experience with people management responsibility is required.
- Experience leading large teams and the ability to identify and develop talent required.
- Demonstrated track record of increased marketing responsibilities is preferred.
- Cross-functional experience is preferred (i.e. Sales, Finance, R&D, etc.).
- Medical device or healthcare industry is preferred.
- Experience identifying significant, non-obvious customer insights and turning those insights into new concepts required.
- Strong strategic and analytic skills required.
- Proven ability to go from strategy to execution and deliver results in the market required.
- Experience launching new products required.
- Experience in marketing programs to build new markets or market segments is preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing research and analysis, including (VOC) voice of the customer is required.
- 25% Travel both National or International
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
- Managerial experience.
- Knowledge of emergency product lines is a plus.
Performing the duties of this job regularly involves sitting, standing, walking, hearing/listening, repetitive hand movement, and vision requirements - close vision, adjust focus, color code.
This position requires the ability to maintain an appropriate work pace comprehend and follow instructions, exercise logic and reasoning, organize and prioritize, read, compose written communication, communicate verbally, problem solve, make decisions, count and compute, analyze and interpret data, multi-task/re-direct, and experience numerous interruptions. This position requires the ability to maintain the highest standards of professional maturity and emotional intelligence even in difficult or stressful situations.
Travel if any will be limited.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This job description is not designed to cover an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties may be assigned and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Safeguard Medical is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Safeguard Medical believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.