As a CNC Programmer your primary task will be programming parts and tools for customers provided models or drawings or internally created models or drawings. You will be responsible for the creation and revision of CNC programs for various multi-axis, horizontal and vertical machines, mills, lathes, Oasis, CMM, and other equipment. Also be supporting current production and prototype while maintaining quality and safety standards.
· Write programs and modify existing ones for increased efficiency.
· Utilize CAM software (Espirt) to produce programs.
· Determines sequence of operations in a program and execute the steps in the ERP system.
· Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
· Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
· Ability to program both manually and through the aid of CAM systems to generate code for both lathe and mill computer aided equipment. (2 thru 5 axis work)
· Analyzes operational data submitted by engineers, or when so directed, utilizes documented standard data as it applies to organize machine operational methods.
· Aligns and translates operations, tooling identification, indexing sequences, speeds and feeds to conform with prescribed engineering data. Tests accuracy of methods and sequences. Prepares
instructions for machine operators.
· Documents and establishes standards and modifies, adjusts, and corrects existing standards to incorporate engineering changes.
· Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and money for the company and customer.
· Choose cutting tools that will be needed.
· Simplify tooling time for workers and increases productivity.
· Communicates with all departments to assure the most economical manufacturing process per the Company’s current capabilities and procedures;
· Investigates inappropriate time standards that may need adjustment for accuracy with minimal supervision;
· Coordinates with Toolmaker and OSS Tooling Vendors the tooling design to produce tooling as effectively and efficiently as possible;
· Produces in-process drawings and tool designs, using Solidworks software;
· Communicates with production personnel regarding time standards and timely response to suggestions for process improvement;
· Creates detailed process plans and work instructions for the manufacturing floor to follow by.
· Provides time studies, router review, suggestion follow-up, manufacturing support, and job cost review when needed. Includes compliance router clean-up;
· Monitors and reports changing developments in all manufacturing departments to the Supervisor and fellow Engineers enabling this information to be utilized and adopted for future estimates and processes;
· Demonstrates knowledge of and maintains compliance with customer specifications as well as internal policies and procedures;
· Demonstrates effective process control knowledge in SPC charting, identification of KCC (Key Control Characteristics), as well as determining effective corrective action;
· Pursues further education in the latest manufacturing techniques, processes and equipment;
· Assists other Manufacturing Engineers as needed;
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must have superior computer programming skills
· Must have excellent reading comprehension skills,
· Good math skills, especially algebra, trigonometry and physics.
· Good active listening skills
· Must have good problem-solving skills
· Must have excellent time management skills
· Must have good organizational and planning skills.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have the ability to read blueprints
· Must be mechanically inclined and knowledge of manufacturing shop.
Education and Experience:
· Experience in working in in an ERP system, strong in data collection and spreadsheets, use of a variety of measuring equipment, ability to read blueprints, and audit programs on machines
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 5 years of on-the-job experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor. Company lifting limitations will be enforced. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Hours: 10 hours per 4 days a week and 8 hours on Friday, plus additional overtime as required.