Barry McTiernan & Moore’s Manhattan office is currently seeking a Legal Secretary.
Our Legal Secretaries work closely with attorneys throughout all stages of litigation. Candidates must possess excellent secretarial skills as well as strong organization, writing and time management. Candidate MUST be able to handle heavy dictation and complete transcribing in a timely manner to be successful in this position. We value collaboration and diversity among our team members and seek to make the practice of law a rewarding experience.
· Prepare and review various legal documents, reports, and correspondence in a timely manner
· Transcribe and proofread legal documents when needed
· Prepare pleadings, motions, and responses for cases
· Finalize documents for submission including all required exhibits
· File, organize, scan, copy and fax legal documents
· Proactively file court documents, must have hands on experience with e-filing
· Download, save and print court documents
· Create custom documents as needed.
· Ensure that all individuals that are on CC receive required documents
· Answer phones and transfer calls within the office
Experience and Qualifications
· 3+ years’ experience as a Legal Secretary
· Proficiency in drafting legal documents
· Proficiency with dictation equipment/programs such as Philips Speech Live
· Ability to handle heavy dictation and complete transcribing in a timely manner.
· Excellent time management skills
· Proficiency with MS Office
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
· Excellent organization skills
· Keen attention to detail
Special Position Requirements:
· Digital Dictaphone/pedal