To effectively manage the overall daily operations and long-term growth of the Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Teams, reinforcing personnel actions to align every day with our Standard of Service, Paul B. Zimmerman, Inc. Mission, Vision, Purchasing Guidelines, and other Guiding Principles.
- Management and leadership of Department employees:
- Monitor employee performance, perform daily accountability and coaching and conduct evaluations
- Manage personnel schedule and give oversight to the daily and long-term employee responsibilities and job assignments
- Reinforce a team attitude throughout the warehouse and all related teams within PaulB LLC and PBZ Inc., taking care of our team members and working to build a work-family atmosphere.
- Responsible for employee training and development
- Reinforce and train all aspects of the job to maintain a safe working environment, including providing needed PPE for the role
- Maintain highly productive relationships with leadership staff and with corporate resource leaders – knowing that working together well leads to improved business results and a great place to work.
- Work with Management and Human Resources on personnel needs
- Have a thorough understanding of company policies as outlined in the employee handbook
- Attend and contribute to leadership team meetings
- Assist with developing the annual budget and work within the approved budget
- Develop strong relationships and communication lines with interdependent departments in order to understand needs and serve well
- Maintain strong inventory controls and tracking to ensure minimal product losses and expeditious location of the product
- Communicate opportunities for improvements to processes that will help to ensure higher levels of efficiency and inventory integrity and work with all departments to implement mutually beneficial solutions that reach these goals.
- Warehouse (Shipping and Receiving):
- Manage manpower and specific responsibilities on a daily basis to meet the receiving demands and goals – Including shipping, receiving, inventory control, and material handling
- Develop, communicate, and enforce strong safety and cleanliness standards for the warehouse and associated outside storage areas
- Oversee warehouse setup, flow, and organization to assist with efficiency and accuracy
- Review department metrics (Lines Picked, Lines Received, Correction Rate, Sales per Labor Hour, etc) and profitability and manage to these metrics
- Proficient in all warehouse job functions and ability to effectively train these functions
- Track packaging supplies/tools stock levels and order as necessary to meet demands
- Inventory Control:
- Work with the PaulB Inventory Control Manager to meet goals and key results areas. Inventory Control Manage will supervisor the cycle counting process, including the Inventory Clerk position.
- Answer questions from A/P, Purchasing, and Customer Service on inventory or receiving issues
- Building and Grounds
- Work with Facilities Manager to coordinate urgent and irregular maintenance. The Facilities Manager will have a list of available contractors – this role will call and coordinate when issues arise.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to coordinate regular maintenance and larger maintenance projects. The Facilities Manager negotiates all contracts in consultation with this role.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, hand tools, forklifts, and operating pickers. This position will spend a lot of time walking and lifting. Occasional evening and Saturday work required in response to business demands.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to: lift up to 80 pounds, use step stools, rolling stairs, and ladders up to a height of 10 feet; stand for extended periods of time; perform repetitive motions; speak, hear, and see; walk; use eyes, hands, fingers, or feet; and reaching with hands and arms, and so forth.
Some limited travel is expected for this position – mainly for the purpose of visiting other facilities and networking about processes and methods for improvement.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.