We are building an organization that serves our fans, community and partners through world-class entertainment, sports and events. We believe in being authentically Austin. This means staying true to what makes Austin, Austin by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks and stretching our potential.
Moody Center will provide the city with its first premier venue to host the biggest and best artists and acts in the industry. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center at The University of Texas and will be the home to The University of Texas women’s and men’s basketball games as well as other sports and community events. Moody Center is privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/C3 Presents, The University of Texas at Austin, and Matthew McConaughey and is set to open Spring 2022.
This role will be responsible for the creative solutions and needs at Moody Center. This includes ideating and creating assets from scratch for marketing campaigns, PR campaigns, digital/social media content, ticketing, event, and sponsorship activation as well as arena digital signage assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation, design, and development of digital signage (ribbon boards and LED boards), print, and in-venue platforms.
- Support the development and implementation of graphic production standards, practices, and procedures for use of venue identity/identities.
- Create unique templates and design branding for various social media platforms.
- Create unique layouts and design for promotors and event clients as needed/required: admats, signage, print and web ads, product concept and development, eblasts, etc.
- Ensure quality and timely creative production and communication.
- Provide creative ideas, samples, client mock-ups and final designs on assignments.
- Effectively communicate, support, and enhance the mission and vision across a wide range of medias.
- Recommend and implement process improvement (e.g. streamline work flow, add automations, eliminate redundancies, manage work order process, etc.).
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and content creation strategy meetings.
- Print mailings (letters, postcards, etc.) including mail merges.
- Create, own, and execute multiple projects from start to finish.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with graphic design major or minor preferred. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Three or more years of professional experience working in the field of graphic design/communication arts and/or marketing.
- Knowledge of requirements and experience working with traditional four-color printing and digital design.
- Knowledge in photography/photo-retouching.
- Strong skills in original design, as well as the ability to conceptualize and utilize existing template and stock art media.
- Strong eye for layout, typography, composition, and color.
- Strong ability to turn concepts and ideas into productive pieces of graphic design/art.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once, in a fast-paced work environment while still maintaining a high level of creativity.
- Proficient in web production. Copywriting/editing/proofreading skills.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience designing static and animated ads for web, social, email and display is preferred.
- Experience in video production and editing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge in Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premier is preferred.
- Experience in digital asset management is preferred.
- Experience in music and entertainment industry is preferred. Ability to utilize advertising materials and design assets.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.