Now starting at $18/hr!
Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near the plant, yard or work site by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the immediate/acting leadership.
- Reads work orders or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Deal with customers directly when loading customer pick up.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
- Loads truck for over the road drivers.
- Stacks/stages materials on the line and in trailers.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand and cleans work area, machines and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Operate industrial fork truck to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Works overtime on short notice, weekends when needed and occasionally holidays.
All associates have the responsibility to meet all of the requirements for their work processes the first time, every time; nonconformance is not acceptable.
This job has no leadership responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In addition, all associates need to be flexible to rotate to various areas within the Company as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers (internal and external) and other associates of the organization. Interacts respectfully with leaders, coworkers, and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret line graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneels, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.