You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
Water Park Rides Maintenance Technician is a full-time position that will spend a significant amount of time working in our Splashin’ Safari water park. This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties in the inspection, maintenance, and repair of rides and water delivery systems. Maintenance Technicians may also work on rides in our dry park, including roller coasters such as the Thunderbird.
- Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Ensure the safe operation of the Rides for our Team Members and Guests, with a primary focus of Waterpark Rides
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair various systems including automation, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on park rides, water park attractions, and equipment
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot pumps and piping systems
- Basic PLC programming for process changes and improvements
- Provide practical solutions to operations/controls problems
- Learn new tasks and skills at the park and attending company-sponsored training off-site, if needed
- Disassemble and reassemble machinery
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain park operation
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Document maintenance activities and close out work orders
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or GED; Associate degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation maintenance
- Industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to inspect, maintain, and repair various rides and equipment throughout the parks
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and instructions
- Ability to operate a skid steer loader, manlift, and forklift, use hand power tools such as electric drills, saws, grinders, hoists, impact wrenches, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to become certified as an amusement industry technician and inspector
- Ability to properly use a respirator and pass a full-face respirator fit test, if needed
- Ability to wear PPE
- Dependable attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts, and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.