This spring, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum will launch a new strategic plan that lays out a bold, future vision reflecting Isabella Gardner’s radical conception of a multidisciplinary, experiential museum committed to broadening audiences. The Museum’s membership program is an integral part of this strategic plan.
The Membership Manager will develop and implement strategies to increase member acquisition, renewal, and retention. The Membership Manager must be very comfortable and experienced in working directly with the public, supervises the Membership Assistant and works closely with marketing and development to ensure membership goals are met or exceeded. If you are an analytical marketer with bias for action, great attention to detail and strong collaboration skills – we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time role. Hours are 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Oversees and directly contributes to generation of ~$800K+ in new member sales, sustains and builds overall annual member renewal rate (currently at 65%) and develops strategies and tactics to acquire, upgrade, renew and reacquire members.
- Oversees planning and execution of all “member-only” programs and events including openings, member tours, and membership pre-sales for ticketed events (concerts, lectures, etc.) to attract new members and engage existing members.
- Working in collaboration with the Visitor Experience team, manages monthly cross departmental membership team that includes visitor services, marketing, and development. Maintains an on-site/floor presence for membership.
- Collaborates with Development team to create a pipeline for annual giving and patron level donors, supporting Museum donor cultivation events as needed.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to develop creative concepts and content for membership communications.
- Develops baseline for member satisfaction, listens to and learns from members using a variety of continuous improvement tools such as integrated online chat/feedback, surveys, feedback forms, and direct dialogue.
- Coaches and trains Museum staff to promote membership sales
- Responsible for analysis, reporting and protection of the integrity of membership constituent database
- Manages annual membership budget