Mission Statement: It is our mission to improve the quality of life for the diverse communities of South Los Angeles and Southeast Los Angeles County by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment. We aim to lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
The telephone operator is responsible for answering multi-line telephone, triaging calls, taking messages, and scheduling appointments. The telephone operator serves as a liaison between caller and medical support staff.
Essential Duties: (*Essential Functions)
- Operates multi-line telephone, ensuring that all calls are channeled to, and responded by the appropriate personnel
- Effectively communicate with patients’, physicians and other staff both within the Clinic and at outside facilities providing accurate, timely, and responsive information
- Responds to caller’s requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information
- Provides information regarding inquiries in a professional manner.
- Ensures efficient telephone communication.
- Utilize computer to obtain pertinent information.
- Actively listens to patients and other callers to ensure the patient/caller will have a positive experience in our office.
- Serves as a liaison between patients and medical staff.
- Operates telephone system to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls
- Schedules appointments
- Makes reminder calls for scheduled appointments
Education and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of filing systems and medical terminology
- Vocational training in Office Administration, preferred
- Must have minimum of 1-2 years or more clinical experience as a Operator
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of NextGen Electronic Health Record (EHR) system preferred