The Senior Loan Servicing Representative is responsible for providing oversight for the successful daily operations of the retail and commercial loan activities; including initial system loan set-up, the timely and accurate maintenance and oversight of all commercial, mortgage and consumer loan files and documentation, customer escrow accounts, loan related expenses and custodial accounts. This position must effectively and proactively communicate with internal and external customers in continued efforts to support compliance, tracking, and reporting. The Senior Loan Servicing Representative will be the lead resource for training and support of the Loan Servicing Team in daily and advanced tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist the Loan Operation Manager in the management of the daily activities of the Loan Operations Department to ensure the accuracy of loan files from the booking process through payoff, the preparation of timely and accurate loan tracking and other documentation and servicing of all portfolios and sold loans.
- Provide ongoing support and coaching for other Loan Servicing Representatives regarding best practices, loan servicing processes and the use of Bank systems.
- Ensure accurate and complete setup of all new loans, including reconciliation of new loan funding, expenses, and credit to appropriate general ledger accounts. Also includes establishing escrow accounts and FASB deferred fees/costs.
- Oversee construction loan disbursements for both Residential and Commercial loans, including oversight of the collection of trailing documents from the closing agent and the assigned Construction Administration firm.
- Acts as the primary departmental resource for all servicing issues related to commercial, mortgage and consumer loans. Oversees research and resolution of issues related to posting errors and customer inquiries. Escalate more complex issues to Loan Servicing Manager where appropriate.
- Responsible for tracking of all participation loans including review of remittances and incoming payments.
- Oversee property tax tracking and payment process for all commercial and residential mortgages.
- Responsible for identifying and correcting any required escrow adjustments to mortgage loans.
- Oversight of tracking of all delinquent property taxes, mortgage life and/or disability insurance applications and remittances of premiums, PMI cancellation and refund process.
- Calculate new monthly principal and interest amortizations with requests for recasts of payments when substantial principal reductions have been applied. Prepare loan modification, and input changes to system when signed modification received.
- Set-up and review of the monthly SBA report(s) as needed.
- Regularly review processes and procedures and recommending changes to Loan Operations Manager to increase efficiencies.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Quality and Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; Maintains confidentiality. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures. Coaching: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Teamwork and positive approach: Co-operates within the group and across groups. Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Coaching: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- BS Degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 1-3 years of Loan Servicing experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs
- Requires a high degree of self-discipline and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards with moderate level of noise.
- Physical effort required; able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. First Seacoast Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, pregnancy, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, protected veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by law. Disabled applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department via email email@example.com or phone at 800-462-2265