Core Behavioral Values: Community, Engagement, Quality, Responsibility, Integrity. These values are based upon our culture and our commitment to the community and are critical to support the mission of the organization.
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for driving business results through originating new residential mortgage loans for the Bank. This position works closely with borrowers to initially advise on all details of our loan service offering, and continues the loan process working closely with internal and external resources to see the loan through to closing. The Loan Officer is expected to provide superb customer satisfaction to our community members, while also ensuring good value-add business decisions for the bank. This is a sales and customer facing position.
- Responsible for driving business results for the bank through new residential loan origination
- Requires a sales driven and proactive approach with external communications, research, building customer relationships, and engaging in the community
- Meets with prospects and clients to evaluate and educate on potential bank services and loan options
- Establish and maintain contact with real estate professionals, accountants, financial advisors and attorneys through direct calls, real estate board gatherings and other functions to communicate any new programs and procedures and inquire about credit needs/concerns of individuals in the community with the objective of enhancing the volume of mortgage originations and effectively meeting the credit needs of the community
- Actively participate in local community, business and real estate organizations, to promote the products and services of the Bank
- Meet or exceed established objectives for dollar volumes in originations and types of loans.
- Manage and oversee each loan from origination and to close, ensuring ongoing communication and follow through with prospects and clients, brokers, attorneys and production team
- Work with production team, VP Retail Loan Production Officer or VP Senior Retail Loan Officer to resolve issues on assigned loans
- Consistently assess additional business opportunities for the Bank; through understanding client needs and their complete financial picture, work with internal business partners to ensure action is taken on all possible referrals (commercial lending, wealth management and retail banking)
- Performs all originations in a fair and ethical manner consistent with UDAP requirements. This includes non-steering of any kind. Ensure that Quality Customer Service standards are consistently achieved
- Responsible for remaining abreast of all regulatory issues affecting mortgage loans and initiate the appropriate changes in policy/procedures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to drive, have the use of a serviceable automobile that is properly registered and proper liability insurance as required by state law
- Work in partnership with various agencies to promote programs to help low to moderate income individuals/families become successful homeowners/borrowers
- Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Quality and Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; Maintains confidentiality. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business or finance and/or equivalent experience
- 1 to 3 years of conventional mortgage origination experience or 3-5 years’ experience in a similar banking field
- A thorough understanding of Secondary Market guidelines is preferable
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards with moderate level of noise
- Physical effort required; able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Represent the Bank through active participation in community organizations and events
- Actively participate in industry trade group meetings and educational programs to remain abreast of current issues and requirements affecting the Bank operations and job performance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. First Seacoast Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, pregnancy, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, protected veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by law. Disabled applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800-462-2265.