REPORTS TO: SUN Community School Site Manager
LOCATION: REYNOLDS MS 35 Hrs/week
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Benefits & Perks
Latino Network provides a generous benefits package that includes;
- Health Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Alternative Care
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account for Medical & Dependent Care expenses
- 401k Plan with Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer sponsored Life, AD&D and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Leave (Vacation, Sick, Family medical leave, Sabbatical)
- $300 Home Office reimbursement
- $50 Monthly internet reimbursement
- Self - Care perks
- Team and family events
Latino Network’s mission is to provide transformative opportunities, services and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families, and communities. Our work springs from the core belief in Latino community self-determination—that is, the ability of community members to participate meaningfully in the decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their families.
Latino Network seeks a bilingual, bi-cultural mission-driven professional with proven nonprofit and community experience to provide SUN Community School support. If you are caring, resourceful, outcome-oriented and able to build strong relationships, then the Latino Network is the place for you. We are looking for someone to represent Latino Network and effectively communicate its policy, mission, and values to the communities it serves. We are also looking for someone who can effectively work with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a school setting.
SUN SERVICE DESCRIPTION
The School Uniting Neighborhoods (SUN) program seeks to improve the lives of youth, their families and the community through partnering with local school communities to extend the school day to improve children’s educational success and family stability. Latino Network manages eight SUN Community Schools where we offer some of the following services; Homework help, tutoring, academic classes, art, sports, music, leadership opportunities and other activities; A safe and supportive space for youth and their families; Classes for adults; Cultural and community events; Resource referrals and Volunteer opportunities for youth and adults.
Latino Network is a fast-paced, highly engaged work environment with satellite operations within Multnomah County. We strive to communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds. We actively seek opportunities for professional development for our staff and promote a willingness to change for continual improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK
SUN school Service
- Assess the needs of students and community and build relationships
- Assist in program design and implementation including lesson plans and direct instruction if needed
- Communicate with the community about program logistics, registration, and enrollment Collaborate with SUN Community School Site Manager and the school to support a high-quality program that provides wraparound services and promotes the healthy development of students using an equity and trauma informed lenses
- Provide a safe and secure environment for participants
- Assist with documenting, tracking, and monitoring students and the building to ensure safety and security in a prompt manner
- Share responsibility with SUN Community School Site Manager for safety planning, crisis intervention, and troubleshooting. Work with students needing behavioral support to create behavior plans and monitor goals for improvement.
- Coordinate data collection, documentation, filing, and database maintenance in accordance with agency’s management information systems and program needs.
- Facilitate outreach to and organizing of students, families, the community and local businesses to increase participation, volunteering and involvement in SUN Community School activities and programs.
- Assist SUN Community Site Manager in the oversight and supervision of extended day programs and manage program when SUN Manager is absent
- Support food distribution activities for school pantries or Free Food Market when applicable
Family Resource Navigator Services
- Follow Multnomah County and Latino Network guidance to serve at least 100 families a year at a school site
- Conduct and utilize data and family assessment to understand the community’s needs
- Build rapport with school faculty, students, families, and agency staff
- Develop a network/web of assets within the school community such as holiday food resources, contacts for families under trauma: DV, fire, tenant rights
- Learn to effectively use data systems, ETO and Service Point, to track activity such as: referrals, or outreach implemented during the scholastic year
- Work with outside partners to create workshops or family group sessions if needed
- Attend all necessary County, District, or Agency meetings and trainings
- *Adhere to HIPPA and FERPA privacy laws; training on this will be provided
By nature of our service to k-12 school districts, this position is subject to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) mandate requiring all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualification for a medical or religious exemption. By applying for this position, you represent you meet these job requirements. Failure to do so will disqualify you from employment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Combination of education and experience is considered for this position. Examples are:
- Associate Degree in Education, Social Services, or Advocacay or equivalent training and a minimum of two years working in this field
- Lived experience that reflects that of the students and families to be served in the school community.
- Bilingual English-Spanish and cross-cultural knowledge and skills preferred.
- Ability to connect with, and learn from historically underserved populations.
- Cultural connections to and understanding of communities of color as they have developed in the United States, particularly in the Pacific Northwest.
- Positive youth management and communication skills.
- Well-versed in Google applications (Google docs, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.)
- Able to create attractive promotional materials, spreadsheets and perform data entry.
- Knowledge of the Portland and local school community.
- Excellent coordinating and organization skills including the ability to engage a broad spectrum of community members in Latino Network programs and activities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple and varied tasks.
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Positive outlook and sense of humor under stress. Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles and cultures.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member and support the mission and goals of Latino Network.
- ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regularly work in the school, and in the community as needed
- Evening and weekend availability may be required, and work hours are flexible to accommodate program implementation; long hours during peak periods
- Reliable transportation to the school site and for tasks needed for its programs
- May require heavy lifting and walking during events and outreach activities
- Undergoing and passing criminal background check including fingerprinting is required
If you, or anyone you know, are interested in joining us in supporting our mission to positively transform the lives of Latino Youth families and communities, please submit your application, resume and cover letter at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/1630/Latino-Network, Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Latino Network is an equal opportunity employer. We value and support diversity and inclusion to create a culture of dignity and respect.
We also invite you to learn more about us at www.latnet.org or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/latnet.