When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service and fill interim needs with mobile imaging systems. Right now, we are accepting applications for the role of Field Service Engineer, working out of the Tampa Bay Area, on a full-time basis.
Why Block Imaging?
More than a job
Because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services have a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
Leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life and the work you do!
We know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
We strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect. Together- desiring to help one another as a complete team.
Responsible for providing the best quality technical field support and service to our medical imaging customers through servicing, installing, inspecting, testing and technical troubleshooting for medical imaging equipment.
- Evaluate the equipment, troubleshoot, and complete PMs, installations, and all related tasks to independently diagnose and resolve electronic, mechanical, and network problems on medical equipment.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot computer systems on the equipment according to OEM specifications.
- Continual expansion of knowledge base in the repair and installation of equipment.
- Provide advanced-level diagnosis and repair of imaging systems.
- Support management through project feedback and communication of issues and opportunities.
- Be available to handle technical issues and questions.
- Document processes created and educate end-users.
- Provide feedback to the office from on-site locations and provide a positive presentation of the company to the individuals on-site.
- This position will involve up to 50 percent travel; the flexibility to travel when needed is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Day in the life: Here is a video you can hear directly from our team members sharing a little more about their experience at Block Imaging.
Education: B.S. degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: 3-7 years experience in medical imaging engineering or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Computer diagnostic software and hardware
- Database entry and management
- Communication, especially listening and speaking
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Self-starter who is able to fill “downtime” in productive ways
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history
- Submit to and successfully complete MVR and criminal background check and drug screen.
- Submit to and pass a medical exam required under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and a written examination if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Drivers must comply with on-the-job driver’s safety training if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Must be 21 or older to drive a company vehicle.
Benefits and Perks:
We live out our mission, People Matter, through the care and benefits we provide our team.
- Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at 16 days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
- Profit-Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
- Investment Plan/Budgeting: 401(k) investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and an annual company contribution, along with financial planning tools and training.
- Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% up to $1,000 starting at 90 days and increasing to $2,500 after two years.
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to three weeks of paid parental leave following a qualified Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) qualified and approved leave.
- Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual