Job Title: Director of Resource Development
Reports Directly to: Executive Director/CEO
Details: Full-time Position / 75 hours every two weeks
Salary range: $45,000 to $55,000 annually
Application Deadline: December 15, 2018
Organization: Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County. Building Hope by Building Homes-
Steadfastly adhering to a philosophy of a “hand-up, not a hand-out,” Habitat is a powerful engine of collaboration and reciprocity whereby those who qualify- by having a history of steady income, verifiable need and a willingness to work hard- soon become involved in giving help to others. Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County, rooted in Christian principles, brings together community partners from all faiths to help qualified Partner Families construct, renovate and purchase well-built, affordable homes and become successful homeowners.
Position Summary: The role of Director of Resource Development is essential to Habitat Forsyth’s every day and ongoing success and will play a key leadership role in planning and execution of affiliate strategic plans and initiatives, development/fundraising, marketing, and public relations. The Director of Resource Development is part of the organization’s leadership team and must be an independent self-starter with creativity, vision, and talent for increasing the marketing and philanthropic giving outcomes, while at the same time being a great networker, community spokesperson, team builder, and advocate internally and externally. The Director of Resource Development must be a motivated, strategic leader who can evaluate current programs, activities, and operations. This individual needs the experience to manage motivated staff and diverse board to maintain and grow the affiliate’s development, events and marketing efforts and base of support beyond its current level.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required. An advanced degree in management, business or related field is preferred, as is professional fundraising or non-profit certification.
• Minimum of seven years of professional experience in development, senior management or related field is required. Demonstrated experience and success in ongoing fundraising campaigns, exceeding $1 million, with strong knowledge of fundraising and philanthropic principles, ethics, and practices.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, including PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Proficient in donor analysis. Experience with data collecting, recording, and reporting essentials. Knowledge development or volunteer engagement software, especially Blackbaud products is preferred.
• Knowledge of budgets and financial management tools.
• Ability to operate a phone and sit at a desk using a computer for the majority of a 7.5 hour day.
• Ability to lift 15 pounds alone or 50 pounds with assistance.
Character and Competencies:
• Strongly support the mission, vision, and strategic direction of Habitat Forsyth. Commitment to core values of Habitat, including service, collaboration, diversity, stewardship.
• Demonstrated interest in networking with peers in development field, including Habitat for Humanity International.
• Understanding of affordable housing issues and strengths and challenges of low-wealth communities.
• Proven track record of developing relationships with high net-worth individuals with prior experience with the funding community of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County with general knowledge of local community dynamics and networks, including a wide range of revenue streams; realized and potential.
• Strong and demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and philanthropic principles and applications.
• Highly skilled in strategic thinking and planning, incorporating staff, board and community input.
• Remain conscious and protective of the integrity and mission of Habitat Forsyth. Tactfully handle or refuse any requests or proposed involvement that may undermine the mission.
• Be a confident and knowledgeable spokesperson for Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County.
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent judgement and sound decision-making capacity:
o Ability to prioritize work assignments
o Ability to gather and synthesize data
o Open to trying new approaches to old problems
• Strong time-management, planning, motivational, leadership, and organizational skills.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and creativity.
• Upbeat, positive, and personable.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Proven supervisory skills with expertise in leading teams.
• Able to relate well to diverse populations-age, race, class, gender, and creed – while maintaining confidentiality as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to assume responsibility for the completion of a variety of tasks, large and small, to meet organizational goals.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
• In addition to those detailed above, the position includes other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Valid Driver’s License, flexibility to drive periodically, honest, drug free, positive attitude, customer service oriented and must have dependable transportation to work.
Candidates will be asked to consent to pre-employment background check and drug test after contingent offer.