The Accounts Receivable Specialist will support the order to cash cycle and is responsible for executing the invoicing steps of customer orders and applying cash receipts. Position is responsible for matching open deductions against open credit memos or unapplied cash and analyzing/reconciling any variances. Assist with collection of open invoices, expediting documentation (invoice copy, Proof of Delivery, etc.) as needed by customers, reviewing and resolving deduction balances, including Chargebacks, and prompt escalation of issues. Cross-functional partnership with Sales, Credit Collections, Treasury, and Accounting and support integration efforts for newly acquired companies. Utilize analytical skills and business acumen, positive business influence skills, exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail to drive growth and best practice.
Essential Job Functions
· Process sales orders into invoices, validating against sales order for accuracy and review additional invoice details such as freight, discounts, etc. for accuracy.
· Process Miscellaneous Billings as needed validating against source documents for accuracy.
· Oversee credit and rebill process for invoices with accuracy ensure timely completion.
· Post and apply incoming cash receipts in accordance with customer remittance.
· Research and resolve cash receipts irregularities, deductions, chargebacks, customer disputes.
· Work closely Credit & Collections to review customer accounts, payments, credit history, and develop new or better repayment terms.
· Support the monthly bank reconciliation process and cash forecasting cycles working closely with Accounting & Finance.
· Responsible for meeting month-end, quarter-end, and year end deadlines.
· Generate and send customer account statements.
· Provide invoices, proof of delivery, statements, to customers timely.
· Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting of invoicing and cash receipts.
· Support accounts receivable, cash application, and invoice integration activities for new acquisitions
· Other projects and duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent analytical degree required. Bachelors or MBA may be deemed advantageous.
· 3+ years’ experience in similar role.
· Working knowledge and experience in an ERP, preferably D365, Macola 10, Great Planes, Quickbooks, Sage 200 and Priority.
· Knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Advanced Excel Skills, and high level of systems proficiency preferred.
· Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and detail oriented.
· Exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
· Acquisition and Global experience is deemed advantageous
· Responsible to live and exemplify Safeguard Medical’s DNA Strands.
· Proficiency with 10-key touch calculator preferred.
Demonstrates ownership and accountability; the ability to plan, execute, control, and deliver; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; independently define problems, collect data, establish facts, and solve problems; develop priorities and adjust work plans to meet deadlines; apply logic and common sense understanding to carry out varying technical or mathematical instructions.
Performing the duties of this job regularly involves sitting, standing, walking, hearing/listening, repetitive hand movement, grasping and reaching. Vision requirements include the ability for close vision, and to adjust focus.
This position requires the ability to: maintain an appropriate work pace, comprehend, write, and follow instructions, exercise logic and reasoning, read, communicate verbally and in writing, make decisions, count and compute, multi-task/re-direct and experience numerous interruptions. This position requires the ability to maintain the highest standards of professional maturity and emotional intelligence even in difficult or stressful situations.
At period end (quarter, annual) hours and days may be extended to accommodate deadlines. Limited travel occasionally. Limited domestic & international travel may be required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.