Interested in working with a dynamic, growing company? Are you organized, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and like to work as part of a team? Do you love cheese? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then read on.
Owned by the Giacomini family Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheese produced right on the farm where the cows are raised. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- and one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy a lot of very special (and delicious) benefits.
This position is based at our production facility located in Petaluma, CA.
HOW WE ARE PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES At Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented additional processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized daily.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing employees additional paid time off and adhere to all state and federal time off leaves for a confirmed case of COVID-19.
As a Packaging Department supervisor, the expectation is to allocate resources to inventory management and leadership with regard to the packaging departments directed by the Plant Manager. It is required to follow good manufacturing practices and train the department with the company procedures. This position requires having a can-do attitude and finding a way to get it done.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Enhance and improve efficiencies in the Packaging Department
· Manage packaging staff (10 +people) for productivity goals outlined in packaging matrix
· Manage and coordinate packaging crew weekly schedules
· Manage and coordinate product by SKU with daily and weekly schedules
· Lead mechanic on all packaging equipment
· Responsible for inventory management
· Responsible for weekly inventory reconciliation
· Lead monthly physical inventory of finished cooler
· Lead monthly physical inventory of all packaging materials (dry goods)
· Supervises Daily recording of traceability log
· Monitor all quality check points in productions of packaging Department and keeps logs up to date
· Monitor all Labeling on products
· Manage the Label machine and scale for traceability purposes
· Administer all employee training in the packaging room
· Train packaging room employee’s SOP’s on each job and equipment in coordination with QA and Plant Manager
· Safety training with Packaging room with QA
· Expectations to be working in the room periodically throughout the day for support and leadership
· Participate in operations meetings
· Monitors and supervises continuous and end of day sanitation process in the packaging areas.
· Other duties as assigned
· Oversee packaging personnel
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Strong leadership and Strategic thinking
· Problem solving/Analysis
· Decision Making
· Teamwork and Collaboration
· Time Management
· Mechanical knowledge of machinery
· Working knowledge of PCs, MS Windows, and MS Office is a must and 10key by touch
· Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn and execute a wide variety of tasks
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to follow precise written and verbal instructions
· Demonstrated accuracy thoroughness and displays strong attention to detail.
· Experience with food manufacturer a plus, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The job requires the individual to be able to lift, transport, pull and push up to 50 pounds regularly. Must be able to regularly stand, walk, lift carry, push, pull, climb, bend, and perform other general duties. Be physically able to work an eight (8) hour day or more while on your feet as this position will spend 90% of the time standing. Climbing, reaching, walking, sitting, grasping, repetitive motions, visual acuity, and hearing.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work must be flexible, weekends may be required.
Some travel is expected for this position.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Education or GED
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
· General Manufacturing Practices and Quality Assurance Training and Knowledge
· Cleaning and Sanitation Training and Knowledge to keep up on current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
The law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.