YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School will maximize its capacity to engage each student’s passion, tap into his or her individual potential and provide him or her with real opportunities for personal and professional transformation.
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The programs three core values - respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
We are looking for a public relations intern to join our development team. In this role, you will be working closely with the public relations and communications specialist and assisting with the writing of media releases, social media, conducting research, news monitoring, and much more. You will also be working closely with staff from other departments to determine their PR needs.
- Supporting the PR and communications specialist in implementing the company’s PR strategy.
- Creating engaging content for media releases, social media platforms, and blogs.
- Updating and maintaining the company’s social media pages.
- Building relationships with clients and potential clients, suppliers, and the media.
- Providing assistance to the PR manager with the scheduling and organizing of events.
- Giving input on marketing initiatives and suggesting creative ways to improve the company’s public image.
- Conducting research on marketing initiatives of the company’s competitors.
- Monitoring of media coverage on events and media releases that were issued and creating press clippings.
- Updating media lists.
- Performing administrative duties.
- Enrollment in a BA degree in public relations, communication, or journalism.
- Excellent understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Efficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- The ability to prioritize your workload and keep to strict content deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Common Competencies
- Mission driven to work with YB’s student body
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align to restorative practices
- Willingness to prioritize data collection, analysis, and sharing
- Willingness to reflect on impact data and incorporate that information into routine decision-making
- The internship will be paid on a stipend basis in the amount of $1,200.
- Time frame: 12 weeks based on start date and academic calendar.
- Hours: Up to 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
FBI - Criminal History Report
PATCH - Pennsylvania Police Department - Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
PA Child Abuse History Clearance
TB Test Results