About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with over 300,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
The Assistant, Member Services is a regular full-time position reporting to the Manager, Member Services. This position assists the Member Services Team and Regions in all areas associated with membership. The Assistant, Member Services will provide customer service to internal and external customers by assisting with the USAV member management system (MMS), acting as a region liaison, compiling current membership lists and testing data systems. Cross departmental support is a general expectation of all USAV employees. Additional hours may be required to include nights, weekends and holidays. The position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
• Provide timely and pleasant customer service to constituents.
• Responsible for receiving and responding to MMS help inquires.
• Assist in answering general membership requests for internal and external customers.
• Assist with data maintenance projects.
• Test current and upcoming processes in the member management system.
• Identify, troubleshoot and properly report system errors.
• Verify participants in various USAV events meet the required membership and eligibility requirements.
• Work with various event administration systems providing support to USAV Regions and club personnel.
• Produce reports for various internal and external sources.
• Process refund and discount code requests
• Monitor membership renewal process for USAV level participants
• Assist in the warehouse as needed.
• Provide phone coverage at front desk as needed.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Possess intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently or on a team.
• Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
• Self-starter, takes initiative to solve problems.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to staff, partners and customers of USAV.
• Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date).
• Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date and remain current.
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
• Paid Vacation
• Personal Time
• Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
• 403B retirement plan
• Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
• Parental leave
• Robust EAP and wellness program
• Employer paid life insurance
• Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Monday, October 11, 2021. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.