Accountable for managing plant production activities across multiple shifts and/or departments to produce products that meet established quality, customer service, safety, innovation and cost metrics consistent with schedules and policies.
· Oversees the production of quality products to fulfill customer requirements.
· Controls and effectively utilizes the production capacity, manpower and equipment and outside resources through planning, organizing and scheduling to minimize losses; works within the framework of the budget to optimize company profitability.
· Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products. Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
· Develop and lead supervisors through active coaching
· Develop training programs for cross-training of manufacturing personnel and leadership
· Actively engages with employees on the production floor on a regular basis
· Facilitate communication and develop a shared vision within the team
· Proactively develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with and between all departments
· Proposes & assists in capacity planning, hiring, and training methods for production staff
· Establish production targets and metrics
· Develop tools, processes, and communication channels to ensure on time delivery
· Participate in new product development to support the delivery of new products on schedule
· Develop and ensure production follows appropriate workflow and methods
· Establish and implement lean manufacturing initiatives that achieve improved business results
· Take a process view towards problem solving and improvements
· Effectively manage costs and identify opportunities for increased efficiencies
· Promote health and safety initiatives to improve employee welfare
· Ensure success of factory execution to short term objectives and build capability for greater future success.
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· 5 years related experience
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
· Ability to lift to 50 lbs.