Position: First Aid Representative
Classifications: Part-Time, Event Staff, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Guest & Premium Services Manager
Evaluation Due: Annually by Supervisor with input from
Director of Event Operations & Marketing
1. Supervises: None
2. Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, walking, some bending, stooping, stretching, navigating steps/stairways, standing, and lifting to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for keyboarding and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
3. Work Conditions: Includes office and event environments, involving contact with staff and the public. Regular schedule is Monday through Sunday and can require irregular hours and changes to schedule due to deadlines and frequent interruptions due to project timelines and due to the organization’s commitment to be 100% event driven which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people. (Must be able to work at least 50% of each month’s scheduled events to maintain part-time status and/or work at least 80% of each month’s scheduled events to be considered for regular, supervisor position.)
4. Staff Liaisons: As directed by Supervisor
5. Job Objective
The First Aid Representative helps create a hospitable, positive and secure event experience for all guests by providing superior, individualized services and support.
6. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a combination of education and experience in hospitality and/or customer service. Possess good communication skills (including the ability to read, write and speak clearly/consistently in English), ability to work well with people, ability to function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, orientation to detail, computer literacy and proficiency a must. Must be comfortable with technology and social media. Familiarity with convention/tradeshow industry is preferred.
MS State Bord of Health - Certified as an EMT - Basic.
Certified to perform CPR on Adults, Children and Infants.
AED certified for adults and children.
7. Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboration & Communication
o Enthusiastically and proactively greets and/or responds to staff, guests, and public who have questions, concerns, difficulties, suggestions, etc.
o Provides event and arena information to all requestors.
o Effectively works with Ticket Takers, Bag Checkers/Wander or Section Attendants, or others as assigned.
o Maintains departmental dress code which helps identifies event services staff and includes the use of flashlight, radio, etc.
- Guest Services
o Assists with screening procedures for those entering the center for multiple events which includes sports events, music/concert events, and theatre events.
o Monitors entry (ingress) and exit (egress) points to assigned events.
o Enforces center policies which includes no smoking, no re-entry by monitoring stairs and sections.
o Resolves guest issues up to the level where intervention by a supervisor is required. And assists with incident response and resolution if requested.
8. Helps train other staff or volunteers as needed.
9. Forms effective working relationships & rapport with customers and staff.
10. Secures work area before departing each day.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.