To provide innovative and quality facilities for diverse entertainment, arts, and business, social, and educational opportunities. We provide unmatched venue services along with an event experience like no other. Drive economic growth and enhance quality of life by providing facilities that are safe, versatile, and active. Provide efficient and fiscally responsible management as a vital community partner.
Commitment to Core Competencies:
At Lexington Civic Center, certain values shape and influence all of our decisions and actions. These core competencies are demonstrated by all employees and contribute directly to results related to quality, safety, service, people, finance, and operations.
Will have primary responsibility for assisting the Event Support Manager in the daily management and operation of facility routine cleaning and handling of inbound/out bound freight to include training and supervision of the Event Support Crew Members assigned to this area.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, supervise and assist the Event Support crew assigned to this group in proper methods to clean and maintain all floor surfaces, wall surfaces, windows, furniture, trash cans, restrooms, etc. throughout all levels of the complex. This will include training in the proper mixture of chemicals and equipment to use for each area, proper storage of supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Inspects all completed assignments of the crew to insure accuracy of both written and verbal instructions comply with standard department protocols.
- Must have the ability to properly operate a forklift, aerial lift, walk-behind/riding scrubbers, buffers, vacuums, extractors and other equipment typically used in this type of work. Additionally, must be able to be certified, under OSHA guidelines, to operate designated equipment.
- Confirm the readiness of all areas prior to occupancy by the client or patrons arrival maintaining this same level of cleanliness during all hours of operation.
- Accept, log in and deliver in-bound freight to the respective recipient. Additionally, coordinate all out-bound freight with the respective shipping agent.
- Supervises/oversees employees to confirm compliance to OSHA/Safety training, i.e. General Safety, Blood borne Pathogen, Personal Protective Equipment, Hazardous Communication, etc. of the crew assigned to the this group.
- Assists in the performance review process and disciplining of staff assigned to this group.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Assist in performing other duties as assigned by the Event Support Manager.
- Must have proven supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must have good organizational planning skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to coordinate and handle several tasks concurrently.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Assists in orientating, instructing and training new and existing employees.
- Must be able to read and understand event sheets and corresponding floor plans.
- Must be accessible by personal telephone or a contact number
- Requires a full range of body motions including vision and hearing in a normal range.
- Frequently works under stressful working conditions, irregular hours and tight time deadlines.
- May periodically climb to elevated locations in the building complex.
Job requires the following physical movements:
-Standing, Walking, Lifting, Carrying: 85%
-Repetitive Stooping, Bending, Climbing: 15%
-Weights involved in routine lifting: 15 to 50 lbs.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.