To provide innovative and quality facilities for diverse entertainment, arts, and business, social, and educational opportunities. We provide unmatched venue services along with an event experience like no other. Drive economic growth and enhance quality of life by providing facilities that are safe, versatile, and active. Provide efficient and fiscally responsible management as a vital community partner.
Commitment to Core Competencies:
At Lexington Civic Center, certain values shape and influence all of our decisions and actions. These core competencies are demonstrated by all employees and contribute directly to results related to quality, safety, service, people, finance, and operations.
Will have the primary responsibility for set, service and strike of all events which require trade show set ups, special curtaining requirements, temporary carpet installation, etc. both on site in the arena and convention center as well as possible offsite regional locations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, supervise and assist the assigned crew in proper equipment handling, assembly, installation, storage and maintenance of all equipment used for this operation.
- Meet with the Decorator Sales Staff on an as needed basis to determine upcoming equipment needs and demands. Develop an event sheet specifically for the decorator needs for each specific event to determine an accurate count of all equipment required for fulfillment of the event.
- Confirm all equipment required is within Central Bank Center inventory. If a shortage is determined, the Decorator Supervisor is to meet with the Event Support Manager, review details and develop a plan to rent or purchase the required supplies to fulfill the event.
- Meet with Event Support Manager to determine staffing needs and labor schedule for each event.
- Supervise the work activities of full time staff, contract labor and temporary agency personnel, as may be allocated for each event.
- Must have the ability to properly operate a forklift, aerial lifts, walk-behind/riding scrubbers, buffers, vacuums, extractors and other equipment typically used in this type of work. Additionally, must be able to be certified, under OSHA guidelines, to operate designated equipment.
- Inspects all completed assignments of the crew to insure accuracy of both written and verbal instructions comply with standard department protocols.
- Confirms the readiness of all areas prior to an event to ensure cleanliness/accuracy as defined in the event sheet or standard department protocol.
- On a weekly basis, review storage of all equipment and conduct a complex review to insure all equipment not being used for a specific event is stored properly.
- Assists in interviewing, selecting and recommending suitable candidates for employment.
- Assist in performance review process and disciplining of staff assigned to this group.
- Assists in maintaining s current inventory of all equipment to insure event capabilities.
- Supervises/oversees employees to confirm compliance to OSHA/Safety training, i.e. General Safety, Blood borne Pathogen, Personal Protective Equipment, Hazardous Communication, etc.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Assists in performing administrative and other duties as assigned by the Department Manager.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Other Requirements/Equipment, Tools or Machinery:
- Must have proven supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must have good organizational planning skills.
- Must be able to coordinate and handle several tasks concurrently.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Assists in orientating, instructing and training new and existing employees.
- Must be able to read and understand event sheets and corresponding floor plans.
- Thorough knowledge of custodial equipment, supplies and proper usage procedures.
- Must be accessible by personal telephone or a contact number.
Requires a full range of body motions including vision and hearing in a normal range.
Frequently works under stressful working conditions, irregular hours and tight time deadlines.
May periodically climb to elevated locations in the building complex.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.