Management of all the things, with a smile.
Managing internal and external expectations with open, transparent communication is the key to success. As a Project Manager, you will own the delivery of custom and SaaS solutions from inception through delivery. Mind Over Machines’ project managers are expected to be highly organized business analysts, willing to help and support their team and clients in whatever way they can.
Collaboration and Communication!
You will manage the team as well as project scope, cost, schedule, and risk. With an understanding of each client’s business goals, you will partner with the technical team to win trust and confidence as you build relationships. Remember the communication part at the beginning? We still mean that!
- Project Management experience on projects developing and implementing software applications
- Experience running an engagement on the Microsoft technology platform, knowledge of MS Office Tools and project tracking applications such as MS Project | SmartSheets | SharePoint | Jira | Confluence | Planner
- Experience with taking an iterative approach to complete project-based work
- Experience performing in a Business Analysis role (requirements gathering, documentation, and advisory)
- Experience performing in a Quality Analysis role (translating user stories to test plans, executing test plans)
- Software Development experience with recent experience in Cloud Technologies – desired
- PMI/Project Management Professional (PMP) certification – desired
- multitask in a fast-paced environment
- push back when necessary
- raise your hand for help
- be organized at all times
- clearly define tasks and timelines within a given project
- track, analyze, and modify tasks as needed
- communicate status and provide positive feedback on delegation and design of projects
- partner with team members and clients for successful outcomes
- Direct full life-cycle project management including creating SOWs with estimates, change orders, developing WBS and project plans, facilitating working sessions with the customer, monitoring task productivity, managing budgets, creating risk management plans, reporting status, managing user acceptance, managing deployments, managing project close
- Managing many different projects simultaneously to deliver on time solutions to clients
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, directly supporting Marketing and Sales
- Managing solution discovery efforts including business analysis/working sessions, documenting user stories and business process requirements, gathering and documenting technical requirements, and documenting future state systems using workflows and diagrams
- Creating PMO templates for many of the project lifecycle artifacts, e.g. estimate spreadsheets, status reports, change control, and project management plan
- Documenting and executing Test Cases based on Use Cases and/or Functional Requirements
- Facilitating meetings to support agile SDLC: Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up, Sprint Review / Demo, and Sprint Retrospective
- Analysis and documentation of systems, from both a business and technical perspective, to clarify functionality, aide in knowledge transfer, and recommend improvements