To provide innovative and quality facilities for diverse entertainment, arts, and business, social, and educational opportunities. We provide unmatched venue services along with an event experience like no other. Drive economic growth and enhance quality of life by providing facilities that are safe, versatile, and active. Provide efficient and fiscally responsible management as a vital community partner.
Commitment to Core Competencies:
At Lexington Civic Center, certain values shape and influence all of our decisions and actions. These core competencies are demonstrated by all employees and contribute directly to results related to quality, safety, service, people, finance, and operations.
Employee are assigned to the Security Safety Risk Management Department and reports to part-time Supervisors who reports to the SSRM Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager of the department via the sections chain of command supervises all personnel. Primary responsibilities will be to welcome guests to the event, review and validate tickets upon entry, direct/escort guests to their seats in an efficient and professional manner and answer questions as requested.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes in a timely and professional manner the validation of each guest’s ticket.
- Assists guests as they enter the facility, directs them to their assigned seat/seating area, and intervenes in resolving patron-seating issues.
- Monitors perimeter doors of the facility to prevent unauthorized, non-ticketed individuals from gaining access to the event.
- Provides guests with general information concerning the event and related general services i.e., concession stands, restrooms, first aid etc.
- Monitors the aisles to maintain fire code safety regulations involving pedestrian access and movement.
- Guides guests to exits and/or provide other instructions or assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation.
- Acts as the first-line contact in dealing with guest requests and assistance.
- Responsible for opening and closing curtains in the respective vomitories as related to the event.
- When serving as an escalator attendant, the responsibility is to monitor the actions of the public in and around the escalator to insure proper operation/utilization and to maintain crowd control at the respective entry and exit points of the escalator.
- Distributes programs and other promotional brochures as needed.
- Performs others general customer service duties as required.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Other Requirements/Equipment, Tools or Machinery:
- Must have a general knowledge of public assembly operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well under stress and exercise good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and tact under all circumstances.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Must be comfortable with heights and loud noises.
- Must be willing to rotate to various positions within a shift.
- Requires a full range of body motions including vision and hearing in a normal range.
- Job requires frequent standing, climbing, walking, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing and visually checking work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
- May periodically climb to elevated locations and able to navigate the stairs in the building complex.
- Frequently works under stressful working conditions, irregular hours and tight time deadlines.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of 4 hours per event.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.