Sewickley Academy is seeking to hire a Learning Specialist. The ideal candidate will provide creative and targeted intervention and learning strategies to individuals and groups of students to support academic progress and build executive functioning skills using a Response to Intervention Framework. This position works with and reports to the Director of Student and Instructional Support to develop and deliver an outstanding experience for students enrolled in Sewickley’s Learning Support Program.
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits and work/life balance programs including a premium-free health plan option, an excellent retirement plan, generous leave time, and tuition benefits programs. Are you searching for a workplace where a diverse mix of talented people come together to serve our students? If so, apply for this today!
ABOUT SEWICKLEY ACADEMY
As Pittsburgh’s longest-standing independent coeducational school (Pre-K through Grade 12), Sewickley Academy is distinguished by not only its rigorous academics and outstanding faculty, but also by its student-centered approach to learning and teaching, in which every child is challenged to explore and excel to their highest ability.
Sewickley Academy faculty and staff help to create an environment of encouragement and support by inspiring students to reach their goals and develop a love of learning. We value and encourage different voices and opinions.
We work collaboratively and interdepartmental teamwork is what keeps us engaged in the success of our school as a whole.
· Supports Middle and Senior school students with learning strategies, organization, and study skills; provides individual and group intervention as appropriate; and serves as a resource for faculty
· Collect and analyze data to inform decision-making and support students
· Use recommendations from psychoeducational evaluations to inform the development of appropriate strategies for intervention
· Attend Support Team meetings in both divisions
· Collaborate with faculty and student support team about students’ needs and progress
· Consult with teachers periodically to follow up on identified students, brainstorm academic strategies, and check in on student accommodations
· Coordinate intervention strategies with the student, family, and outside professionals
· Coordinate the Cross-Age Tutor program
· Provide training to students on how to access the online tutoring resource (Tutorme)
· Remain current with best practices in the field of student support services and diverse learners
· Experience in consulting/communicating with teachers, administrators and parents
· Experience assessing, teaching, or supporting high school/middle school students with learning difficulties, ADHD, and other neurodevelopmental differences
· Experience implementing creative learning strategies with middle and senior
· school students, using a range of approaches with teachers, administrators, and parents
· Experience with Response to Intervention (RtI) or Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
· Strong knowledge of pedagogy and educational tools, including relevant technology
· Master’s degree preferred (courses and/or concentrations in special education preferred)
· Demonstrated expertise in providing instructional support for diverse learners at the middle and/or senior high school level
· A student-centered, global, and innovative approach to coaching and teaching is preferred
· Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? All interested applicants applying for this position should submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. To apply, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/roj7q3k
Sewickley Academy is committed to having an inclusive community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Academy does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.