Client Engagement Manager
Implementation & Renewal
At Clarity, our mission is to deliver quality services by embracing Technology, Innovation and Sincerity and adopting a Simply Smarter approach for service delivery. With minimal supervision and substantial latitude for independent judgement and discretion, Client Engagement Manager position in Implementation & Renewal oversees all aspects of consumer benefit implementation and renewal for custom/complex mid-market projects or services. The Client Engagement Manager works to ensure a positive client experience during implementation and/or renewal. Assignment of projects will span all consumer benefit services (health care and COBRA). The Client Engagement Manager works collaboratively with internal and external customers to deliver quality services within the specified timeline and scope defined.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position typically resides at Company headquarters or remotely and reports to the Team Lead, Client Engagement, Implementation/Renewal leads the team. The nature of the work entails that candidates collaborate and work closely with other team members and includes cross-functional departments as well as clients. At times, candidates may also receive direction from more senior management staff.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Candidates may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the candidate’s performance objectives as outlined by the candidate’s immediate supervisor.
- With a proactive approach and acting as a client advocate for best practices, manages all aspects of the client implementation and/or renewals and works to ensure client satisfaction post launch/renewal.
- Cultivate the client relationship during the implementation or renewal phase by setting and managing expectations.
- Act as a consultant to manage client expectations and ensure products/services meet client needs.
- Serve as a central point of contact during the implementation or renewal phase and consistently relay project progress to management and key stakeholders.
- Communicate thoroughly, effectively and professionally with the client, specifically focusing on client responsiveness.
- Assess and evaluate client needs for initial scope of project and develop project specifications and objectives based on the assessment.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute the Clarity mission leveraging Technology and Innovation to deliver quality service to our clients. Challenge the status quo, thinking Simply Smarter by approaching new implementations, renewal, processes and services as efficiently as possible.
- Using Clarity technology platforms, research and analyze data to proactively identify potential areas of risk or opportunity for improvement to enhance the overall client experience, with a focus on enhancing service during implementation and renewal.
- Prepare and maintain projects in the project management system, or outside of the tool to ensure timely execution of tasks related to implementations and/or renewals.
- Consult with the client to deliver communication strategy and coordinate delivery of materials, when needed.
- Coordinate the relay of information related to plan set up with the support team ensuring proper documentation related to plan design for configuration.
- Conduct presentations (including onsite when appropriate), webinars and conference calls during the implementation and/or renewal phase.
- Work closely with internal departments (Sales, Client Relationship Management, Call Center, and Finance) to ensure client-specific requirements are understood and executed post release to Service.
- Provide support to Sales during the sales cycle (finalist meetings/calls) as requested by management.
- Cultivates and understand broker/partner relationships to provide high-quality implementation and/or renewal experiences. Manages book-of-business transitions, when required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of business and technology or a closely related field as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in a business or technology related major or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
Work or Related Experience:
The ability and skill to effectively implement mid-market client implementations/renewals as defined by the company; coordinate, plan, document and manage multiple client projects of moderate complexity as normally obtained through a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management with specific experience in a client facing role.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires strong project management skills. Exceptional organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, problem resolution and high commitment to client satisfaction are essential.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, professionalism and ability to work with all levels in the organization as well as the client’s/broker’s/partner’s organization are required. Requires self-confidence and the ability to work independently with moderate supervision and direction.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and demonstration of flexibility in meeting client needs.
- Knowledge and expertise in or the ability to rapidly learn the Company’s products and services is required. Knowledge of FSA, HSA, HRA, Commuter and COBRA benefits administration is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required in order to meet timelines with a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, monitor and manage projects as described.
- Ability to manage client escalations and communicate up, when appropriate is desired.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required. A strong, hands-on knowledge of Salesforce and Easy Projects is strongly preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Minimal travel to attend training or company meetings may be required.