To provide innovative and quality facilities for diverse entertainment, arts, and business, social, and educational opportunities. We provide unmatched venue services along with an event experience like no other. Drive economic growth and enhance quality of life by providing facilities that are safe, versatile, and active. Provide efficient and fiscally responsible management as a vital community partner.
Commitment to Core Competencies:
At Lexington Civic Center, certain values shape and influence all of our decisions and actions. These core competencies are demonstrated by all employees and contribute directly to results related to quality, safety, service, people, finance, and operations.
Employee are assigned to the Security Safety Risk Management Department and reports to part-time Supervisors who reports to the SSRM Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager of the department via the sections chain of command supervises all personnel. Officer will perform duties assigned as related to the event in regards to the overall security, safety of the employees, guests and clients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guest assistance during the event.
- Monitors perimeter doors to ensure no unauthorized access is gained to the event.
- Monitors guests during ingress/egress for disruptive or inappropriate actions.
- Monitors credentials of all personnel entering the backstage and other restricted areas.
- Monitors and maintains a clear and safe passage route in and around floor level accessible seating area(s).
- Monitors and maintains the safety of the performing band members, staff as it relates to the stage security and integrity of the event. (Stage Security Only)
- Maintains aisles and insures guests are in their proper seat locations.
- Responsible for maintaining general crowd control.
- Assists guests in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- Conducts visual guest inspections and checks all bags as required by Lexington Center policy.
- Operates walk through and/or hand held metal detector units.
- Performs other duties as required by their Supervisor.
Additional/Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares appropriate reports and forms as required by department policy.
- Ensures that housekeeping, safety, alcohol control and security issues comply with department policies.
- Performs special projects as needed or requested.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Other Requirements/Equipment, Tools or Machinery:
- Must have a general knowledge of the security industry, specifically in the crowd management areas of public events.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well under stress and exercise good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and tact under all circumstances.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Must be willing to rotate to various positions within a shift as needed.
- Requires a full range of body motions including vision and hearing in a normal range.
- Job requires frequent standing, climbing, walking, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing and visually checking security work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
- May periodically climb to elevated locations in the building complex.
- Frequently works under stressful working conditions, irregular hours and tight time deadlines.
- Must be able to lift, pull or move crowd control barricades. Weight varies from 25 – 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work in and around loud noises.
- Must be comfortable in working with large crowds of people.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.