Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Investor Relations, the Investor Relations (IR) Associate will be impactful in the overall success of MLG Capital’s mission of providing the best experience possible for our investors, from introduction to ongoing relationship management.
In this role, the IR Associate will be responsible for servicing incoming inquiries, communicating with investors, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth onboarding process.
This individual should be client-focused, entrepreneurial, and an excellent communicator. This is someone who can build and grow relationships and thrives when challenged within a fast-paced environment. Ideally, this person has experience in Investor Relations, Customer Service, Wealth Management, or Private Equity.
Our Investor Relations team is being restructured and expanded due to our accelerated growth over the past few years. This is the perfect opportunity join the team at the ground floor and be an integral part of developing the next level of service here at MLG.
• Understand the value proposition of the investment offering and communicate it effectively to investors via telephone, written communication, and direct interaction
• Manage CRM of current and potential customers through tracking relationships, logging interactions, and managing an opportunity pipeline
• Qualify new inquiries and involve senior team members, where appropriate
• Basic understanding of financial reporting
• Understand customers' needs and follow-through to provide exceptional service
• Maintain relationships with current investors by providing financial updates, answering questions, and resolving cases
Investor Service & Support
• Provide a high touch, high value experience to internal partners or investors for escalated and urgent requests
• Coordinate or assist completion of investor paperwork, where applicable
• Understand existing & upcoming technologies to support investor requests
• Stay up to date with evolving technology suite for use, internally and externally
• Assist with other corporate initiatives across various departments
• Bachelor-degree required
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a Sales, Client Service or Account Management role
• 100% dedication to MLG Capital’s core values and team-oriented culture
• Strong interest in a private real estate
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
• Demonstrated ability to work in an agile environment
• Experience in CRM a plus (Salesforce)
• Experience in Investor Relations, Inside Sales, Wealth Management, or Private Equity fields preferred but not required
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone. Ability to travel via automobile or airplane to real estate locations, if needed.
Working Conditions: Open office workstation environment, moderate to quiet noise levels. Our corporate headquarters is located in Brookfield, Wis.
At MLG Capital, we take a meticulous and tailored approach to our investments, maximizing our investor and partner wealth through a diversified, team-led approach. We know success starts with our clients—and we don’t reach success until they do. For more than 34 years, our core focus has been preserving our investors’ wealth and producing exceptional income and appreciation over time through investment in private real estate. Since the inception of MLG Capital in 1987, we’ve had active, exited, or pending investments of approximately 27.5 million total square feet across the United States, inclusive of approximately 22,700 multifamily units, with exited and estimated current value exceeding $3.1 billion* across the United States.
Driven by our motto of “making a difference while making a living,” we strive to create an environment where our employees are encouraged, challenged, and supported to contribute directly to the company’s overall growth. Our current team (comprised of both MLG Capital and related business entities) encompasses approximately 450 team members, of which approximately 65 specifically service MLG Capital. We function via 3 core locations: our corporate headquarters in Brookfield, WI, and satellite offices in Sarasota, FL and Dallas, TX.
MLG Capital has been a proud recipient of numerous awards. Most recently, we’ve received 2019 Top Workplaces, 2019 Milwaukee Coolest Office Space and 2020 Best Places to Work and our CEO, Tim Wallen was recognized as one of 2021’s Best Bosses.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a “reasonable accommodation” will be made for an individual with a known physical or mental limitation unless it would require an action of significant difficult causing undue hardship.
This document covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
*As of 6/30/21, for valuation purposes, sold properties are valued at actual sales price. For active and pending investments, the Estimated Current Value is based on the Managing Member’s estimate of current value. Recent acquisitions are generally valued at the acquisition price.