United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for assistance. Our Child Care Services team helps parents and caregivers find and access quality child care.
This team needs a Child Care Program Assistant to provide a full range of administrative support by assisting with logistical tasks associated with scheduling, enrollment in and facilitation of community-based presentations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provides administrative and clerical support for Child Care Services and other UWC business units.
- Consistently meets defined quality standards.
- Conducts fingerprinting services while maintaining attention to UWC security procedures. Submits fingerprint scans to Federal Bureau of Investigations.
- Creates and maintains enrollment records.
- Copies and assembles printed materials for distribution.
- Attends outreach events and trainings.
- Distributes consumer education materials, responds accurately to questions from participants in a courteous manner, and promotes all services of the Child Care Services Division.
- Provides contact center support.
- Provides technical support on child care services activities.
- Determines eligibility requirements are met for enrollment in child care service activities
- Maintains close working relationship with 2-1-1 Child Care Early Childhood Specialists and Child Care Services Leadership Team.
- Consistently meets defined production and quality standards.
- Immediately reports any technical problems with equipment, systems, or facilities to Manager of Early Care and Quality Improvement Services.
- Maintains an accurate calendar of scheduled activities and mileage and expense records related to outreach.
The Hours: Friday through Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Pay & Benefits: $15.50 per hour pay rate PLUS
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
- Supportive, culturally diverse and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
- Associate's degree in secretarial sciences or a related field with one year related administrative experience preferred, or a High School Diploma/GED with three years of related administrative experience required.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in office systems and procedures required.
- In-depth knowledge of State fingerprinting submission system and use of fingerprinting devices.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including MS Excel, and the ability to format and design documents required.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to follow strict guidelines in regard to verification and authorization.
- Ability to relate well to people from diverse groups.
- Considerable knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling a necessity.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Some public speaking experience required.
- Must be able to travel to all regions of Connecticut at all times; hold valid CT Driver’s License, Registration, Insurance and reliable transportation.
- Requires flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS October 28, 2021
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.