The Kitchen Staff at Black Diamond Camps will add value for our guests as they prepare, deliver, present and clean up for all aspects of meal and snack service. This position requires both the ability to consistently follow established best practices, apply knowledge to make good, independent decisions about work flow and customer service as well as work cooperatively with other members of the team. Is is the mission of this position to add value to transform ray materials and dining areas into an exceptional guest experience and to similarly add value to the team's work experience. The person in this position shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior towards colleagues, guests, supervisors, volunteers and guests. Regular and reliable attendance, in accordance with the published weekly schedule, is required for this position; this includes participation in all scheduled general food service meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible to perform assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner in harmony with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and best practices for food safety.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SOP's and ensures best practices are consistently followed regarding food safety (i.e. time/temperature abuse, cross contamination, holding, prep, cooking storage, rotation/expiration, and all HACCP procedures).
- Prepare assigned food items, following established recipes and layout standards.
- Work as a team player to ensure the daily setup, monitoring and cleanup of customer contact and back of house work areas:
- Setting tables, buffet lines, salad bar and drink stations consistently, according to set standards.
- Stocking, restocking and serving of foods, beverages, snacks and supplies as needed, to ensure exceptional guest experience.
- Cleanup of Dining Room, Kitchen, serving area and dish areas.
- Prepare, deliver and set up and clean up catering requests and special events as assigned.
- Assist Cook in limited aspects of hot food preparation, panning/portioning and with re-use or disposal of left over items.
- Assist with stocking of deliveries.
- Train new employees as assigned.
- Be available and flexible for as needed projects or needs in other departments and programs arise.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
This is a seasonal, contract position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a sincere love for the Lord and be committed to the Lordship of Christ in every area of their life.
- Be willing to support the philosophy and goals of Warm Beach Camp Ministries and Black Diamond Camp through attitude, speech and action.
- Be willing to accept supervision and guidance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than High school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain Food Handler's Card
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally is required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements of the position includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly talk or hear. The physical demands described here are representative of the minimum physical requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals.
The employee must wear face covering/mask per the guidelines and regulations in place during the time of employment as established by CDC, state and local authorities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ON-CAMP HOUSING CONDITION
The employee in this position is required to live on the camp premises in staff housing in order to provide round-the-clock supervision of campers and volunteers and fulfill the program requirements of this position.