Under general supervision, perform technical duties at the facility that include audio-visual, electrical, sound, and lighting set-ups. May assist with the installation, maintenance/repairs and operations of various technical equipment and systems.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect, test and modify all equipment prior to performance. Ensure all equipment is in operating order by making minor repairs and adjustments.
- Operate required equipment during events, i.e., follow spot, fly rail, basic audio-visual and provide general stagehand assistance during an event.
- Review event agenda to determine equipment and service requirements of user groups.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Oversee and/or provide connections to the building’s electrical systems as required for events.
- Supply audio feeds to radio and television stations and to tape recorders upon request.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage/loss of property or any other safety concerns to supervisor.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility. Must possess a thorough understanding of facility’s electrical and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of all procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment and tools used in technical construction and maintenance.
- Follow all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operations of the equipment found in the facility.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and other related materials.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility) and working from various heights. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate portable radio.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two years related experience in appropriate technical field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.