Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide professional executive support to the executive director/CEO.
This is a full-time benefited position and will be posted until filled.
- Maintain CEO schedule—coordinate meetings, gather needed materials and distribute in timely manner, keep CEO apprised of upcoming commitments and follow up accordingly, optimize CEO availability
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external constituents on behalf of CEO office—schedule meetings, prepare reports, gather information, work through logistics with external counterparts
- Act as liaison between the CEO office and other Institute departments, managers and employees
- Serve as Board appointed secretary of the corporation—ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations set forth in official Board policies, draft and maintain meeting minutes, maintain official documents and policies, other requisite duties,
- Coordinate all aspects and logistics of Board meetings/events with appropriate approvals from CEO
- Serve as key administrator of online Board portal keeping documents current and organized for ease of Board members, CEO and senior staff
- Maintain and update internal annual Board calendar to ensure deadlines are met and Board/CEO have ample notice
- Perform customary administrative and secretarial duties
- Assist CEO with research and analysis of information and prepare reports as needed
- Assist with management of CEO budget
- Coordinate events sponsored by CEO
- Serve on Institute committees as appropriate
Competency or position requirements:
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to build relationships and work well with others
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail, protocol, and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Basic accounting knowledge and principles
- General experience and knowledge of office equipment (copy, fax, scanner, etc.)
- Adept at learning and utilizing current and new technologies for business
Environmental Factors: (lifting, standing, sitting, sounds, chemicals, hazards, etc.)
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Embrace Core Values: Believe the mission, See the possibilities, Focus on we, not me, Do the right thing, Have fun
Quality or Quantity Standards: The Institute expects integrity, professionalism and high quality work from all employees.
Required Education: Bachelor’s in related field
Required Experience: 5+ closely related
Preferred Experience: Non-profit administrative experience
Work Schedule: Varies
Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
We are a Rule 36 Drug Free Workplace which means an applicant is required to submit to a pre-employment drug test after being given a conditional offer of employment.