The Research Associate I in Discovery Biology will perform laboratory research for AnaptysBio projects, in collaboration with others. The individual will utilize well established protocols to assay human immune cells or cell lines in basic immunology experiments. This position will development their expertise in the use of appropriate laboratory equipment, good laboratory procedures and practices, presenting data clearly and effectively at internal meetings, and documenting experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
· Purification of primary cell types from human blood
· Archive and maintain cell stocks from primary cells, program strategies, antibody libraries, stably transfected cell lines, and cells used in functional assays
· Perform flow cytometry-based selection experiments to obtain and characterize desirable antibodies against specific targets
· Express antibodies in mammalian cells to identify improved variants
· Perform antibody screening to obtain panels of antibodies against specific targets
· Develop, optimize and perform new methods and technologies for antibody program advancement, including ELISA assays, cell-based binding and functional assays
· Design and accurately execute experiments, analyze and interpret experimental results contributing to research program strategies
· Interact as needed to coordinate hand-off of materials between discovery biology and target biology, molecular biology or protein sciences
· Organize, summarize and present data clearly to supervisor and at project team meetings
· Prepare technical reports, summaries, and detailed protocols
Education & Experience:
· BA/BS in biology-related discipline and 0-5 years related laboratory experience or MS in biology-related discipline
· 0-2 years related laboratory research experience
Knowledge and Competencies:
· Basic knowledge of principles and practices of cell biology, including mammalian cell culture, cell transfection, cell-based functional assays and cellular assay development
· Experience in flow cytometry-based analysis
· Working knowledge of ELISA assays
· Proficiency in basic computer data analysis and presentation applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Ability to communicate clearly, and to report and present experimental results and analysis to supervisor and department colleagues
· Effective interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication skills
· Ability to organize assignments, work within schedules and deadlines
· Team player, intensely committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently while also willing to follow protocols
· Strong analytical skills, highly attentive to details
· Strong work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically in an open office and laboratory environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This position requires working with biological and/or chemical hazards
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.