HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX), a growing, employee-owned environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking a mid-level Landscape Planner or Landscape Architect to join the team in one of our northern California office locations (Folsom or Roseville). While this position is preferred to be based in one of our northern California office locations, qualified candidates located in our other office regions (San Diego, Riverside, Orange County or Pasadena) will be considered. HELIX offers a flexible schedule of in-office and remote work. HELIX provides landscape architecture, environmental planning, biological resources, regulatory compliance, habitat restoration, cultural resources, acoustical, air quality, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors. Our landscape architecture group works on a range of high-quality and environmentally-focused design and planning projects including parks, trails, plazas, streetscapes, habitat restoration, residential, and commercial developments.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working with a casual and collaborative work environment. HELIX placed in the top three for environmental consulting firms and in the top ten for firms in our size range (100 to 199 employees) nationwide in the ZweigWhite “Best Firms to Work For” survey. Our employees describe us as Client-focused, Caring, Team-oriented, Focused on Integrity, and Flexible. In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer award-winning health and wellness programs, professional development and training opportunities, performance rewards and recognition, company-sponsored functions, networking events, and much more! We are excited to meet you!
We are looking for a creative, organized, and motivated designer and project manager to work as part of our design team on our full suite of planning and design services including conceptual plans, construction documents, construction assistance, master plans, and management plans for a wide range of projects. The position will involve project management, conceptual design, construction documents, site evaluation, construction observation, research, report writing, and public outreach events. Additionally, the position will include preparation of scopes, proposals, and other marketing materials.
Our team culture is rooted in collaboration and communication, so this position is best suited for a candidate with a positive attitude, strong verbal, graphic, and written communication skills, and the ability to work with a team. This individual must have the ability to coordinate effectively with other project managers, and to prioritize and complete high-quality work within specified deadlines. Attention to detail, including strong spelling, proofreading, and organizational skills, is required. The applicant must be a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills. A test of practical skills may be required of final candidates.
Please submit a cover letter and work sample in addition to your resume. Work samples shall be a maximum of 10 pages 8.5x11 pages in PDF format not exceeding 10 Mb and include a minimum of 5 work samples.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, or other legally protected non-merit-based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
#landscapearchitecture #landscapedesign #landscape #landscapeplanner
- Degree in landscape architecture (or equivalent experience).
- Five years of experience in landscape design.
- At least 2 years of project management experience as the person responsible for project or task budget, schedule, deliverables, and client contact.
- Competence in preparation of all aspects of construction documents, including layout, grading, irrigation, planting, details, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of northern California native and ornamental plants commonly used in the landscape.
- Understanding of MWELO requirements.
- Experience designing public and commercial projects
Additional qualifications considered a plus
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, LandF/X, Adobe Creative Suite, or Sketchup
- Experience or coursework in ecology, biology, land use planning, environmental engineering, and related topics
- Knowledge of Southern California or Nevada native and ornamental plants commonly used in the landscape
- Experience planning and facilitating public outreach events.
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Licensure in California or successful completion of one or more LARE Sections
- ReScape (Bay Friendly or River Friendly) qualification
- SITES certification
- Irrigation auditor certification
- ISA Certified Arborist or ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist
- Experience preparing scopes, proposals, and other business development tasks.