BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Manager of Solar Development based in Pennsylvania to oversee day to day project execution, including all permitting filings, contract negotiation and execution, management of project consultants and internal analysts, coordination with other teams and management of project budgets. This is an opportunity to join an established, high-performing team that has been leading the market in innovation and high-quality execution for over a decade. Strong written and verbal communication skills, a working understanding of the development process, attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential to success in this position.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
- At least 3-5 years of project development experience; familiarity with Pennsylvania and New Jersey energy project development strongly preferred
- Strong working understanding of real estate law and the project entitlement process
- Experience negotiating key agreements, preferably with landowners, vendors and municipalities
- Basic technical understanding of solar PV and electrical grid infrastructure
- Self-starter that can catch up to speed quickly
- Proficiency with standard project management tools and financial modeling in Excel
- Familiarity with general project finance underwriting principles and DCF analysis
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Valid US driver’s license
- Ability to perform site visits
- Based in Pennsylvania or willing to relocate as needed to serve Pennsylvania and potentially New Jersey markets
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in a related field
- Background in or familiarity with civil engineering a plus
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania and New Jersey land permitting processes
- Prior experience developing solar plus storage and/or storage-only projects a plus
- Supervisory or management experience
- Familiarity or prior experience working with electric utilities
- Prior experience developing community solar projects and/or obtaining state-level incentives a plus
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.