Job Title: Customer Care Supervisor
Reports to: VP – IT Operations Manager
Status (Exempt/Non-exempt): Exempt
Core Behavioral Values: Community, Engagement, Quality, Responsibility, Integrity. These values are based upon our culture and our commitment to the community and are critical to support the mission of the organization.
The Customer Care Center Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Customer Care Center and providing professional, knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers calling into the Customer Care Center. This position consistently utilizes their knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and delivery platforms to address and resolve customer inquiries, as well as cross-sell the Bank’s products and services through recognizing what’s right for the customer. In addition to Customer Care Center Representative functions, the Supervisor will prepare and manage the team schedules to ensure it is properly staffed, as well as support the VP – IT Operations Manager in providing coaching and mentorship to Customer Care Center staff. The Customer Care Center Supervisor works closely with other Bank departments and Customer Care Center staff to ensure a positive team-building atmosphere.
- Demonstrate professional, courteous, and accurate service to Customers via the phone, email, and chat channels through effectively addressing inquiries and servicing accounts, while always adhering to Quality Customer Service standards
- Provide problem resolution to internal and external customers while handling more difficult issues escalated from the Customer Care Center team.
- Proactively maintain a thorough working knowledge of bank products, services, and delivery platforms to effectively address customer telephone, chat, and e-mail inquiries, as well as seek opportunities to cross sell products and services to drive additional satisfaction and Bank sales
- Sustain a referral culture in all aspects of the position and interactions; directing and coordinating referrals to the applicable departments as appropriate.
- Oversees the administration of Customer Surveys and follow up or escalate feedback as necessary
- Support the introduction and maintenance of new bank products and services.
- Conduct account research as needed
- Accurately process customer accounts that have been opened online, following up as necessary for required information
- Proactively monitor, track, and follow up on pending items, system updates, and internal communications to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with Federal and State banking regulations and adheres to all Bank policies and procedures.
- Backup for Deposit Operations, eBanking teams (cross trained in various duties), as necessary.
- Prepares schedules and maintains appropriate staffing levels to ensure call standards are met.
- Participates in supporting the process of on-the-job coaching, training, and mentoring of Customer Care Center Staff
- Generate and maintain various reports detailing call center activity and performance
- Perform other duties as requested
- Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Quality and Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Teamwork and positive approach: Co-operates within the group and across groups. Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Coaching: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent with four to six years of prior experience in branch banking or customer service required.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Previous Call Center and Sales experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills; exhibiting superb communication (both written and verbal), professionalism, and organizational skills.
- The ability to cross sell the bank’s products and services while assisting the customer.
- Specific skills related to questioning and listening in order to maintain an effective line of communication on the telephone. Ability to use proper etiquette and apply methods of creating a positive rapport with callers or customers over the phone that provides positive results.
- Proficient on navigating on the Internet and familiarity with browser software.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. First Seacoast Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, pregnancy, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, protected veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by law. Disabled applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department via email email@example.com or phone at 800-462-2265.