Non- Exempt $16.32 Hourly
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental and Vision fully funded by SRA, Paid Time off , 401K and more!
This is a call center position. The Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Intake Specialist conducts assessments, provides education and completes referrals for seniors 60+ living in the community, seeking long-term care assistance. This can include Medicaid and non-Medicaid funded programs.
- Accepts referrals of clients from the ADRC Helpline and Department of Children and Families Adult Protective Services Unit as well as referrals from other organizations and individuals.
- Contact the referred individuals for intake and screening, administering the standardized screening instrument to obtain necessary and essential information to determine the individual’s needs for services.
- Determine potential eligibility for DOEA and non-DOEA funded programs.
- Direct individuals to other non-DOEA resources, as appropriate, to have their needs met.
- Post information in the CIRTS (Client Information and Registration and Tracking System) enrollment screen related to program APCL, as needed.
- Contact individuals on the Assessed Priority Consumer List (APCL) as required, to review any reported changes in their situation and complete annual re-screenings to ensure prioritization for services.
- Explain Medicaid eligibility criteria and eligibility process to prospective applicants.
- Refer individuals to the ADRC Medicaid Benefits Counselors and Medicaid Waiver Specialists for Long-Term Care Education.
- Provide all necessary and required forms, at the time of initial screening or annual re-screening.
- Release individuals to the appropriate Lead Agency or service provider for CCE, HCE and ADI services, when funding is available.
- Collects and maintains accurate records of caller requests using the Refer computer software for appropriate documenting and reporting.
- Provides emergency disaster assistance and staff support during an emergency disaster event as directed by designated staff.
- Performs related tasks as assigned by supervisory staff and Senior Management.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of the level of work to be performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Other tasks may be assigned by supervisory staff and senior management.