Teachers at Hillel are responsible for planning instructional activities that meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students. They strive to create a safe and welcoming classroom environment that is conducive to learning by building strong relationships and employing creative and effective instructional techniques. Hillel teachers are committed to providing outstanding educational experiences and aim to inspire each student’s passion for learning.
At Hillel, we inspire a passion for learning, responsibility to self and community, and devotion to Jewish living in a warm, innovative, and engaging environment.
- Implement and support the 1st and 2nd grade curriculum
- Foster social-emotional growth using Responsive Classroom approach, building a safe community of confident students
- Plan, prepare and deliver innovative instructional lessons that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Integrate the use of technology to provide a variety of educational activities.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment, observe, evaluate, encourage, and provide feedback on student's performance and development.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development preparing required reports on students and activities.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by developing positive personal relationships and maintaining expectations and procedures.
- Address individual learning and work closely with the Student Services team.
- Report to lunch and recess duty as required.
- Communicate to families about academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Participate and help plan community days and events
- Attend conferences and write report cards as needed
- Receive routine, ongoing feedback, and support from your evaluators
- Promote a collaborative teaching environment where all responsibilities are managed with a team-oriented approach.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Has experience with Workshop Model, project-based learning, and Responsive Classroom.
- Has outstanding instructional skills.
- Has the ability to integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Has the ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, office and school-based staff, students, parents, and community.
- Demonstrates professionalism, responsibility, and a strong work ethic.
- Displays a positive attitude and a drive for personal excellence.
- Google Drive and Google Classroom
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
- Teacher’s License preferred