We are building an organization that serves our fans, community and partners through world class entertainment, sports and events. We believe in being authentically Austin. This means staying true to what makes Austin, Austin by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks and stretching our potential.
Moody Center will provide the city with its first premier venue to host the biggest and best artists and acts in the industry. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center at The University of Texas and will be the home to the University of Texas women’s and men’s basketball games as well as other sports and community events. Moody Center is privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/C3 Presents, The University of Texas at Austin, and Matthew McConaughey and is set to open Spring 2022.
The Guest Services Manager reports directly to the Senior Event Manager. This position will be responsible for providing exceptional experiences to our guests, employees, and stakeholders. This position will lead efforts in training over 200 Guest Services Representatives, creating training programs, including overseeing all guest communication and feedback including inquiries, concerns and guest resolution, and event supervision. The goal is to ensure we become and remain the industry standard for excellence and ensure all our guests and staff exceptional experiences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise one full-time Guest Services Coordinator and more than 200 event staff employees to strategically enhance the guest experience for over 150 events per year.
- Partner with human resources to advertise, hire, onboard, train, and supervise Guest Services Representatives, including: supervisors, greeters, ticket takers, ushers, elevator attendants, and guest service desk representatives.
- Lead the development and facilitation of the Customer Service Training Program for employees within guest relations, ticket taking, ushering, parking, operations, and box office to include content around identified core values, curriculum, implementation, and evaluation.
- Develop and manage initiatives for event staff to ensure consistency in service and venue knowledge across all levels of the venue.
- Provide resolution training to staff to deescalate and solve guest complaints or concerns during games, concerts, and special events.
- Determine and refine the processes, procedures, and systems for guest inquiries, feedback, and complaints, and work closely with all departments and business lines to address guests both proactively and reactively.
- Measure success of Guest Relations & Experience initiatives and evolve programs and processes as necessary based on the evaluation and feedback from internal departments and vendor partners.
- Create and standardize the processes and procedures for staff file maintenance, scheduling, uniforms, preparation of event materials, and other administrative duties associated with oversight of event staff.
- Create post-event reports and recaps of event night service incidents to identify trends and
- offer guidance and solutions for guest experience and operational improvements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, partners, and all Stakeholders.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing guest/fan service & experience programs in a large-scale event setting including supervisory and decision-making responsibilities.
- Guest Services experience with large-scale events in a stadium, concert, or multi-use facility setting of a similar size (15,000 seats) is highly desirable.
- Experience servicing various stakeholders and demographics.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize needs efficiently.
- Passion for providing the highest quality service that puts guests’ needs first.
- Creative problem solver who can identify solutions and address guest concerns efficiently and professionally while remaining calm and professional under pressure.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create and manage a collaborative and diverse workforce.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and
- communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Experience leading, motivating, and developing employees.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sport/Event Management, Hospitality, Training & Education, or Business Administration is preferred.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.