We are North America’s leading aftermarket parts provider, supporting both EMD and GE locomotives. In addition to our broad locomotive line, we also provide products for Passenger Transit, Marine and Power Generation markets. America’s freight needs to keep moving and PowerRail is defined as “essential” to meeting that economic objective.
We offer competitive compensation; Stimulating work environment with unlimited growth potential; Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan with profit sharing.
Summary: Responsible for tracking progress of all PO's. Support procurement department and help build good vendor relationships. Procure materials and components at the appropriate stocking levels, at lowest price and within acceptable time frames. Manage vendor order fulfillment and assist the procurement department by performing the following duties.
- Assists in the procurement of equipment, supplies and tools. Processes all orders via computer, phone and fax and verifies accurate customer and product information.
- Confirm Orders with shipping schedule and Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Prepares and sends completed and accurate purchase orders according to company guidelines.
- Expedites and follows up purchase orders as requested. Builds and maintains good business vendor relationships.
- Answers and directs incoming telephone calls and faxes.
- Prepares and transmits requests for customer quotes via telephone, fax and e-mail. Maintains accurate customer information in database according to company procedures.
- Helps maintains an updated computerized inventory to include price changes, new and obsoleted items, descriptions, and other related data.
- Interfaces with Shipping/Receiving Department regarding incoming and outgoing shipments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE depending on experience and ability
Hours / Benefits:
- M-F 8am – 5pm
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and profit sharing
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
Job Type: Full-time
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, Flex Spending, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership with profit sharing
PowerRail is an employee-owned company - join our team today!
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving of product
- Previous Order Processing experience
- Knowledge of replenishment concepts and systems
- Have excellent communication skills (i.e., oral, written, phone)
- Self-directed, professional person with strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to work well with others in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong computer skills in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as basic understanding of ERP software systems. Infor CSI/Syteline experience a plus.
- 1 to 2 years purchasing or inventory management experience.
- Ambition and ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· US work authorization (Required)