We are North America’s leading aftermarket parts provider, supporting both EMD and GE locomotives. In addition to our broad locomotive line, we also provide products for Passenger Transit, Marine and Power Generation markets. America’s freight needs to keep moving and PowerRail is defined as “essential” to meeting that economic objective.
We offer competitive compensation; Stimulating work environment with unlimited growth potential; Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan with profit sharing.
The Buyer will coordinate vendor activity, negotiations, analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine the correct timing and quantity of purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Respond to demand requests and place purchase orders for materials to meet requirements.
· Monitor purchase price variances and resolve shipping and invoice variances.
· Proactively identify Cost Reduction opportunities.
· Manage inventory levels based on demand and lead time.
· Closely manage system data (pricing, lead times, dates, RFQs etc.) to ensure accuracy and monitor orders to ensure vendor commitments and/or expedite needs are fulfilled.
· Identify, resolve, and expedite issues to ensure timely identification and procurement of materials & communicate pertinent information to sales team.
· Expedite material to ensure on-time delivery as required.
· Manage Vendor Relationships.
· Procurement: 3 years (required)
· US Work Authorization (required)
· High School Diploma or GED (required). Associates or bachelor’s degree a plus
· Knowledge of materials management, supply chain, distribution, and warehousing. Knowledge in manufacturing and metal fabrication a plus.
· Knowledge of Computers, business ERP Systems, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)