Barry McTiernan & Moore’s Manhattan office is currently seeking an Associate Attorney to join our General Litigation group. BMM is seeking an Associate with 1 to 4 years of experience handling the defense of NYS Labor law, general liability, and property damage claims. Candidates must possess experience in all phases of pre-trial litigation as well as strong organization, writing and analytical skills. We value collaboration and diversity among our team members and seek to make the practice of law a rewarding experience. Trial experience not required but a plus.
• Represent clients in all phases of litigation, including discovery, depositions, and motion practice.
• Meticulous compliance with firm and client billing and reporting guidelines.
• Attend court appearances, hearings, depositions, and case management conferences.
• Conduct complex legal research and discovery.
• Draft discovery demands and responses, motions, case evaluations summaries, settlement agreements, pleadings, and legal memoranda and other case handling materials in response to client guidelines.
Experience and Qualifications
• 1-4 years as an Associate Attorney in a defense firm.
• Superior court knowledge and experience arguing cases.
• Superior case management and advocacy skills.
• Experience drafting briefs and pleadings.
• Experience taking and defending depositions.
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills, time management and adherence to strict deadlines.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and driven with a commitment to excellence.
Special Position Requirements
• Proficient in Westlaw and/or Lexis.