Vadum Inc. is seeking a highly motivated senior engineer with a strong background in analog, digital, and RF system design as it relates to digital signal processing. This person will play a leading role in the strategy and development of complex RF sensors, radars, measurement equipment, and electro-mechanical products for military applications. The position requires creativity, initiative, analytical thinking, solid organizational abilities, and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interactions with internal and external customers.
• Use multiple programming languages (MATLAB, Python, C/C++, etc.) to prototype and implement various DSP algorithms.
• Independently develop signal processing chains starting with selection of ADC and/or DAC and ending with desired information products save to or read from disk.
• Assist with part selection related to front-end noise figure, ADC/DAC dynamic range, bit-depth, sampling rate, and downstream processor/memory resource utilization.
• Participate in all phases of development life cycle (requirements, block diagrams, integration, evaluation, and test activities).
• Work in a matrixed team environment to define, lead, and design end-to-end solutions for advanced R&D projects.
• Assist in generating technical proposals and estimates in support of applied research.
• Coordinate aspects of the project to meet technical, schedule, and cost goals.
• Operate with broad direction and require minimal supervision.
• Interact with customers, development partners, and vendors.
• Superior technical knowledge in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Track record for putting systems/products into fielded use.
• Academic background in digital communication, signal processing, information theory, probability/statistics, estimation/detection, pattern recognition, optimization, image processing, and machine vision. Experience with machine learning/artificial intelligence a plus.
• Familiarity with software defined radio (SDR), modulation schemes, complex baseband, and radar fundamentals.
• Ability to implement digital filters, perform time/frequency analysis, denoising, signal detection, channelization, beamforming, and interpolation/decimation from audio to RF.
• Ability to perform bench-level bring-up and troubleshooting of data acquisition/signal processing chains using analog and RF test equipment.
• Implementation knowledge and/or experience using FPGAs a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong initiative, attention-to-detail, highly organized, and personal commitment to quality.
• Ability to work well on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain DSP algorithm design methodology and system design decisions for both internal design documents and external reports or proposals.
Education: Degree(s) in either electrical/computer engineering, physics, or mathematics
Required – BS with 10+ years of relevant experience
Desired – MS with 10+ years relevant experience including system development and/or manufacturing interactions
This position requires a Dept. of Defense security clearance and is therefore open only to:
1. United States Citizens OR
2. Permanent Residents already in possession of a Dept. of Defense security clearance.
The Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process; there are no costs for the applicant. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.