Cedar House Life Change Center is looking for a Nurse Practitioner in San Bernardino County to fill an opening immediately. The Nurse Practitioner will provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician, conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel clients. The Nurse Practitioner may, in some cases, prescribe medication.
- Oversee Detox patients
- Conduct Intakes 5 days per week (meet face to face, conduct physicals, prescribe step down medications)
- Daily rounds with all detox clients with notation in KIPU. Confirm medical necessity daily. Determine when appropriate to transition to 3.5 level of care.
- Sign treatment plans within 24 hours.
- Conduct physicals for all Residential and Outpatient Clients within the first 30 days of Treatment.
- Provide Medication Assisted Treatment as appropriate (determine when this could benefit clients, counsel clients on benefits, etc.)
- Provide refills for existing psych meds when clients cannot be seen by a psychiatrist in a timely manner
- See clients with minor (non-emergency) medical complaints; provide care as appropriate
- Conduct training for staff at least quarterly, possibly more often depending on needs
- Attend Treatment Team bi-weekly as needed (initial 15-30 minutes to give insight/input)
- Draft and implement policies and procedures relevant to the Medical Department
- Lead and manage the medical team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE FOR NURSE PRACTITIONER
- Prefer 5 years of practice in clinical and/or residential settings.
- Experience in the treatment of SUD is highly desirable.
- Understanding of addiction medicine and SUD Treatment along with issues that accompany diagnoses associated with SUD and Co-occurring disorders.
- Understanding of Medication Assisted Treatment in Residential and Outpatient setting
- Familiarity with DHCS regulations regarding DMC ODS
Competitive Compensation Package Includes:
· Medical - Company paid at 80% of premium for employee and 60% for dependents. (Kaiser or Blue Shield)
· Dental - Company paid at 80% of premium for employee and 60% for dependents. (HMO or PPO Dental Plans)
· Vision and Chiropractor/Acupuncture is voluntary Coverage.
· Basic Term Life Insurance - 100% Company Paid, Benefit of $50,000
· Voluntary - Supplemental Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Accidental Ins; Critical Care Ins.
· Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
· 403b Retirement Plan - Company matched at $1:$1 up to 6% of Annual Salary.
· Employee Assistance Plan
· 2 weeks Accrued Vacation per year initially, then incrementally more with longevity.
· Sick Leave 48 hours accrued for first year, then 48 hours of sick leave are provided at the beginning of each new year thereafter
· 12 Paid Holidays per year
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.